Don't feel myself

Posted , 8 users are following.

Why don't I feel my self . I used to enjoy going out being the first on up when going on holiday buzzzing now a days I can't get out of bed don't want to do anything. I took my wife out for a meal and felt like I was on another planet not with it staring into space good job my wife understands . Anyway how can I get over this all my doc wants to do is fill me with med . Could it be (sad ) winter blues . It's really getting me down now feels like I'm getting to a point of no return . Oh the other thing I seem to be doing is concentrating on my breathing . Am I breathing right I keep asking my self .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

List of how I feel is this normal

Spaced out

Starting

Can't breath

Blurred vision

Can't make sense of things

Neck pain

high blood pressure

Heart beating out my body

Fear of dying

dizzy

Temple pressure

Ammonia smell

and much more

• Posted

Hello Darry

All your symptoms (listed) are those associared with anxiety, as others have posted on this site.

Is there something worrying you/has something unpleasant happened recently?  Or maybe you have had a winter virus which has left you low.

However, keep an eye on your symptoms.....but they all point to anxiety.

Good Luck.

• Posted

I worry about health . Nothing bad has happened and I ain't had a virus just don't no what's happening to me feel so low
  • Posted

So sorry u are feeling like this it's a horrible feeling....i myself have anxiety and the feeling if being on another planet is what I felt...good on you for going out for a meal as I couldn't have did that I was always to jittery I had no focus and tge panic set I and I would need out.....I changed my diet and increased my exercise and forced myself out of bed and out if the house for months but it made no difference I finally give in and started a low dose of meds...I'm only on day 33 and it's not completely kicked in but I can see more clearly and am happy again......don't beat yourself up if u need meds they are there to help.......hope u feel better soon 
    • Posted

Meds had no effect on me whatsoever. Exercise did,I also gave my computer away so I'd stop searching the net.This was 9 years ago tho,when my kids were babies. They would string me up if I turned the net off now.
  • Posted

Sounds like dissociation that can occur when depression or anxiety get out of control, it is your minds way of trying to protect you from half but spacing you out and separating mind from body, some people have this for a long time and can't snap out of it. I would go and see a psychologist or doctor if it continues. Do a bit of research online and you will find more info on it. All the best
    • Posted

I would go against the idea of googling anything. It often makes an anxious person worse. See a psychiatrist then they will recommend a psychologist. CBT has worked for me and ACT THERAPY. google those instead. smile
  • Posted

Hi darryl.

You need to make a list of your thoughts and then the feelings you get from those thoughts. You have listed a fear of dying this is an emotion. "Fear" just remember the thought is making you scared. It sounds like you have depersonalisation i myself have suffered from this. Its when our mind is fused on unrealistic thoughts that in turn make us anxious. Which then we can have the physical symptoms. My anxiety is caused by my repetitive negative thoughts. Eg "im going to die today" , "whats the point in buying stuff for myself im going to die soon"

The trick is to be an observer on your thoughts and acknowledge that they are there. I always say "oh hey death thoughts.your making me feel anxious right now" . This may sound stupid but it has worked. I had anxiety so bad that i felt like i was a stranger in my own head.

• Posted

when you find yourself Having physical symptoms i like to drop anchor by SITTING down pushing my feet into the floor and squeezing my hands together. Then i list 3 things i can see and 2 i can hear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.