Don't feel real

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys

A symptom of anxiety is that you don't feel like your in your own body. And I really don't, I don't feel real. I keep doing really weird things recently, because I don't feel real I don't feel like anything will

Affect me if that makes any sense to anyone?? Like I don't feel like exercise and food will change my weight because I'm not real?! And I keep getting really really drunk, because I don't feel like the alcohol is actually going into my body!!

I know it sounds so strange , does anybody else have these feelings? I know alcohol is just making my anxiety worse but it's the only way I can cope. I know it's a vicious cycle. Anybody else have problems with alcohol?

no patronising comments please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jade,

I went through periods of drinking alcohol because it made me forget about anxiety and temporarily feel normal.

I am also used to feeling like I am not in my body or my life is real.

It is weird and does pass occassionally.

Are you on any medication?

Paul.

• Posted

Thank you for replying !

Do you feel like you're not real all the time?? Mine doesn't come and go it's just constant. I have been prescribed citalopram, but keep putting off taking it because I'm so anxious about taking them!! Cos I've heard so many bad things about them...

• Posted

Hi Jade,

It comes and goes for me. I was on Citalopram in 2013 for about 18 months and after the initial 8 weeks they started working and completely removed my anxiety. Some people have bad reactions but I think people do not give it time to build up in their system.

I hope you feel better soon.

Paul.

• Posted

Hi Jade, 

If you have been perscribed Citalopram I would begin taking them. Everyone reacts differently to different meds as you will have probably read several times on this forum. My body really didnt agree with Sertraline and sent me over the edge, but I have been on citalopram for 5 days and already feel much better. 

They can take while to kick in and you may get a few start up side effects. You will soon know if you can cope with the side effects and can always come off them if you want. I came off Sertraline after 3 days and 2 days later I felt better then started Cit, now feel much better. To the point where I am back working and seeing customers already ( I am in sales). 

Cit is the most stable SSRI according to my GP so you may not experience any side effects at all. 

Take care 

tom 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.