Don't feel right and don't know if peri menopause is the cause.

Posted , 9 users are following.

After blood tests and no periods for some months plus hot flushes, I was diagnosed as pre menopausal. I was given HRT but was taken off it after 3 months due to headaches. I've had no periods now for 14months. This part of it is great for me but I feel like absolute crap. I'm having loads of hot flushes mainly in the evening and through the night, and a couple of nights ago woke up absolutely soaking wet so much so I queried whether I'd wet myself!!!

My memory is appalling and I walk around most of the time in a fog. I feel really low and feel completely useless. Maybe it's a midlife crisis? My sleep is appalling; I wake up after 2 hours and stay awake until I feel like I am nodding off which is usually about 4 hours later. I get itchy at night and basically don't feel like me. Does anybody know if this is maybe due to my hormonal changes or if there's anything I could take apart from HRT that may help these symptoms?

Also, how long does it go on for?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am horribly itchy, its rough I am going ot start using the oatmeal bath
    • Posted

Have you tried taking an antihistamine? It might help. I found cetrizine to works better than loradatine. When it gets bad I take 3-10mg pills which h effectively works to stop the itching for a long time. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

It does sound like peri to me! My advice would be to take a good multivitamin if you arent doing so already and to come on here for advice and reassurance of every new and passing symptoms, it has helped me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.