Don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

So long story short for the past 18 years I've had the same nightmare over and over about a skeleton chasing me since my grandad's death and for the past 8 years after I was nearly involved in a multi car pile-up I've been seeing things that aren't there I.e like car crashes (That don't even happen)or the one that scared me the most was my son in his buggy being hit by a car and killed scared me so bad I had to bin that buggy to be on the safe side. I've been told that I need to go see a doctor and tell them that I'm seeing things but I'm scared they're going to think I'm crazy and end up taking me away from my kids. Any advice??

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Toni,

Sounds like you would probably benefit from asking your doctor if you could be referred for councelling.

I have had two referrals for CBT Cognative Behavioral Therapy and one for Psychotherapy councelling where it was discovered that I was suffering PTSD since the passing of my father.

1 in 4 suffer with Mental Health problems, it's good to talk, no one is going to take you away from your kids you just need the right support.

Peace

• Posted

toni

You need to seek help especially if your dreams are effecting every day life. Consider writing down your problems and make an appointment to see your GP.

You need to consider the reasons for your problem and possibly talking out your problems will move you on to a more settled level.

Make your appointment with your GP and take your list with you to explain all your fears and concerns

BOB

• Posted

Honey you are not crazy! I know you're scared. Anyone would be but I can assure you that your doctor will be familiar with this condition and will not be shocked or fazed by it. I'm sure many people will seen their doctor and presented with similar symptoms as the ones you describe. It sounds to me as though you are suffering from some form of ocd. When you think of "ocd", you tend to think it means for example:that you clean obsessively and of course, it can be that. It can also be, you having the same distressing thought over and over. The more you push it out the stronger that thought becomes. I've had that. It's awful, but luckily can be treated with the right medication. Don't be afraid to see your doctor honey. You shouldn't have to suffer. Message me anytime and privately if you prefer. Hope you feel better soon. Donna xxx

• Posted

I am sorry that these things are happening to you. It must be so scary.   

It seems like you may have a fear of death...I don't know because I am not a therapist. But as I read your post, it all seemed related to death.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY...  you ARE NOT CRAZY!!!    

They do not take kids away from you because you see things or have fears.  You are not abusing your kids!!!  You are not putting your kids in any physical harm.

You may see things....but they are related to crashes and things.  Absolutely not abusing your kids. Crazy is a horrible thing to describe yourself.  I see a woman/man (don't know)  that struggles so hard in life. I see this as a person that has to fight much more than others do...and you still take care of your kids. 

It is sad you have this battle. I can tell you that if you are NOT HURTING your kids...that won't be an issue. 

I hope you hear this. I hope you go to the doctor. Maybe they can help you. It can't hurt to try. What if there was something that could help you?  Make your life easier?  

You would have so much more room in your life to enjoy your life and your children rather than spending so much energy on fighting that battle that you fight.

Again...you aren't crazy!!   You just have struggles that must be so hard.

Instead of thinking you are crazy....remember to tell yourself that you are a fighter and you have some struggles!!   

That's NOT crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.