Don't know what is going on w my body.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 47 year old female and. I have been almost 2 years with pain on my left side and it seem before my period and after with some other symptom like joint pain, fatigue like I'm skipping a beat, weird headaches w neck pain, shoulder pain confusion, I have my periods every month. My GP test me for everything in the world, blood work CBC w differencial, lupus , celiac , food allergies, pancreas, liver, Ct scans of my head, chest, legs, hips, MRI for my abdomen, to check everything from gallbladder thru appendicitis, 2 cancer test, test for the heat from stress test, ultrasounds, cardio angiograms no blockages , vaginal ultrasounds abdominal ultrasound. Everything normal except I have a cyst on the left ovary 3cm. So I don't know if this is premenopause. I'm just want to see if anyone have the same symptoms.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aimee,

I've been dealing with chronic illness for almost a year now, like you I've had every test, sometimes I just feel like I'm going to die. I've got left side upper back pain, breathing issues, shakiness, awful flu feeling, frozen shoulder, cysts (ovarian and breast), burning foot, and more..

Some weeks it's worse than others but never goes away.

I started bios but so far haven't had much improvement except I'm sleeping better.

So scary thinking I'm going to feel like this forever.

• Posted

That's what I think may happen to me that maybe very serious and they are missing something. They see me and think I'm a basket case and they say is ansiety . Is just annoying pain and I just want to know if this is perimenopause or bad PMS

• Posted

I know, it's hard for me to believe peri can be this bad. I've broken down and cried to doctors so many times. With so many tests though, wouldn't they have found something if it was there?

• Posted

Considering you've had so many tests it's pretty clear you are in peri menopause along with a cyst. Hundreds of posts here with women reporting same or similar symptoms. Your symptoms sound quite mild in the grand scheme of things so start reading up on how to look after yourself during this transition. Good luck!

• Posted

Yep I have cry to my doctor. I have a few doctors appointments in the next week for my year Pap smear and mammogram I am going to ask about maybe a hormone test. They should have a pill that is safe for us to take.
  • Posted

I would say peri menopause especially as its worse around your period etc.. I get the same.. it started as a mild niggles down one side and now is all over .. pain in back hips knees all joints etc.. and some days just ache all over.. worse around ovulation and period.. its classic. It also effects your brain quite bad due to estrogen been needed to produce serotonin .. so you get quite panicky .. constant anxiety and also mood swings and depression. Again all classic symptoms.. Health anxiety is also very common at this time.. 
    • Posted

Yeah is petty scary and I forgot to mention the itch all over with no rash that was bad. Last week I was at work and all of the sudden got confuse . Is horrific you feel you . I need some validation because the doctor I have seen think is my head or is ansiety. Thanks so much
    • Posted

Yes again the Itch is classic.. you develop allergies as you go through peri.. its taken me 3 years to realise my itching is due to food allergies.  Avoid processed foods.. sugar etc.. Lots of vegies and fruit.. but not strawberries or nuts as they have histamine issues which make you itch even more. Look up Histamine foods and remove them from your diet.. and add in Anti histamine foods.. this will also help with headaches as the allergies cause your membranes in your sinuses to swell causing weird headache that pain killers dont seem to touch.   You need to see another doctor..  my syptom started and 44 im now 48 and they just went up a notch last year and have turned me into a crazy person.. haha  
    • Posted

I'm started to no using can goods. No sodas letting go to bread is sooo hard but I'm doing it. My symptoms start at 45 and the doctor did some kind of hormone test and told me I was good. But now is just crazy. They also though could be endemetreosis and they want to do an exploratory surgery and induse menopause and I said no until they can figure something out. Last month my breasts hurt all month like they were full. Is crazy . I have been in the ER many times. Thinking is something serious my body feels like in inflame.

• Posted

Hi. Thank you for sharing all your stories. I have  burnings all over my body and weird feelings around my neck, eyes and nose. Muscle aches. I have done numerous tests including head MRI. So far everyhing is OK. It is hard to believe that menopause can cause all these. It looks like doctors deny that all these could be related to the menopause. I am almost 51 years old and still have periods. They just became more frequent. I tried topical estrogen and 25mg of Zoloft 10 days before my period but developed severe panic attack at night. So all these is really scary. 
    • Posted

Funny you should mention the burning and the weird sensations as they where my first syptoms 4 years ago.. I have ME and POTS so my doctor put it down to my other ilnesses but the more i read the more i realise its all been peri menopause . The skin burning is awfull  its caused by your nerves being effected by the lack of estrogen.  It took about 18months for it to fully subside with me but i still get it when i have my period or ovulate .  The sensation around your nose and eyes is also peri related. You develop allergies as you go through peri and the sensation you are feeling is the mucus membranes reacting to stuff. Could be food related or air bourne stuff. I also get a sensation in my mouth and the end of my tongue feels like its burnt  rolleyes  Ive lost track of the number of things that menopause is causing ... the mind boggles.  
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. I started burnings and stiffness in my neck about a year ago. I was 50 by then. I went through numerous tests and finally was diagnosed with Graves Disease. My graves is under control now but i still have burnings , stiff neck and strange sensations all over the body. Like needles, numbness, burnings. I was referred to the neurologist who did all possible tests on me. all came back normal including brain MRI. I have episodes of stiff face and burning in my ears as well. I start thinking that may be my hot flashes are presenting themselves this way. I am getting anxious because no one knows what is going on. I really start believing that it is all related to my perimenopause. 
  • Edited

Have you had any treatment options for the cyst offered to you Aimee?

This could be causing you the pain you are feeling?

• Edited

I ask my doctor and they said the don't do nothing for a 3cm cyst thebcust has to be 9 cm big for them to removed it. They did ultrasound last year and they couldn't find it nor the ovary. I go next week for a Pap smear and I will ask the doctor for a ultrasound and see if they can see it. I hear that grape seed capsules will get rid off cyst and tumors but the down side is that is a natural blood thinner . My mom has cysts in the pancreas and she took that for 3 years and 6 disappear and the 3 were there original shrunk significantly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.