Don't know what is wrong with me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need some advice please,

here go, I am in peri and have suffered with mostly well a lot of the symptoms like most of you ladies....but since having my last period I have not feltwell at all.....as well as the awful period a lot of symptoms I have not experienced quite freighting to 

Lowell I finished my period yesterday and was on for a full week !!! I'm only normally on 3 days 4at the most my body body feels lethargic achy heavy just heavy feeling...feel quite sick and quite bad acid reflux which I keep monitored as I'm on medication for this....I don't feel well at all NOT myself I'm on medication Sertline which has eased my mood swings ok some days are rubbish but I cope?!!.

but the aching body and when I eat I then feel sick,why?

soo since this last period all through this and even know I Don't feel right?

my body literally and constant ally aches I have no idea what is wrong with me ..I couldn't wait for my period to end thinking well at 

least tomorrow I'll be ok But im not 

so I if I don't know what is wrong how will I know what is good for me to take?

has anyone got any /some advice to help me out here?

infact I have know for ages that I was entering peri but they kept fobbing me off with ohh your to young mmmraelly I'm 46???? And I'm still having normal periods ..you not in peri you have to be 50/51 to be in peri!!!! Have you any advice please anyone please. Thanks xx

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi.  You may need iron as you've had a long week of bleeding. Have you been taking iron, try and eat something like meat or chicken with green veg, or maybe take an iron tablet starting today.   I found that things did not improve as expected when a period came to an end but tended to drag on for another few days.  It's draining but I found that taking a supplement of iron helped with the low feelings. hope this helps, its not easy.
  • Posted

Hi Shelley,

You are not too young. I am 38 and started with peri about 2 years ago and didn't know. I had symptoms all along but they are really prevalent now.

I agree with metamorphed. You may need an iron supplement. If you had bleeding longer than the normal then you have lost quite a bit. I've started on iron supplements and have been feeling a little better as I have frequent menses and heavy bleeding for at least 7 days. Apples or apple juice is soothing on acid reflux.

Hope you feel better soon!!

• Posted

You are not to young to be in peri menopause if you are sluggish you should have your thyroid checked to make sure you don't have hypothyroidism also have your iron checked out and your vitamin d3 checked out all these can make you sluggish 

This is what i suggest you do 

• Posted

Hello. As the other ladies have said - you are NOT TOO YOUNG to be in peri. When my periods were coming to an end I too had very long, heavy periods, sometimes lasting 10 days and too heavy to manage to go any further than the shop at the end of the road without springing a messy and embarrassing leak. All your symptoms sound like perimenopause and metamorphed and the other ladies are giving good advice.  You will find many friendly and supportive voices on this forum. You are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.