Don't know what to do!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have bipolar disorder, personality disorder, anxiety disorder and OCD. I experienced an abusiive childhood which I think contributed to my mental health problems that and a large history of it on my mothers side. I feel completely alone I can't cope in social situations I'm afraid when I leave the house I have a partner who drinks loads and is horrible to be when he does but I'm afraid to leave him as I can't do anything alone like going to the shops I have 4 children and I'm pregnant I cope well with my children in the house but feel like I failure as it's me that does everything for them in the house like reading to them playing with them brushing their teeth doing their homework but I can't do the school runs because of all the people down there I suffer panic attacks when out there the only things that give me reason to live I feel stuck in this realstionship because of not being able to take them to school I'm in loads of debt because of my bipolar I don't have a close family support network and no friends I feel so alone I'm so depressed at the moment and really lacking energy hormones are not helping either my mental health team are useless here they don't help at all the last person I saw had a go ate when he found out I was pregnant saying people like you shouldn't have kids my children ate the only things in my life I'm proud off.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are social services involved ?
    • Posted

They are not. I called them and explained my situation what mental health probs I had they came out on one visit and did a questionnaire with me but had no concerns over the children so said there is nothing they can do. I phoned them agsin recently and their response was to call my mental health team for support.
  • Posted

Hi i have replied on my thread. There are always options please do not feel trapped and there are ways round the debt as i have been there too. If you want to chat privately i am happy to give any advice or help i can.

Take care

Alison

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Bubble

I have a Reactive problem caused by my Chronic Disability. I also had a rotten family who han ded me over to a Surrogate family and when I was ten my Mother wanted nothing to do with me as She was giving birth to my two baby sisters so I understand what a disfunctional family feels like.

I understand you are Bi Polar and feel you have good relationships with your children and are expecting another in the near future. Your Mental Health Team has no right to say what they did although I have a good idea why it was said and it was not very nice

Depending on your condition it may be a new start could be one way forward if you can arrange something that the Mental Health Team will be happy with.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.