Don't know what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

Every time i try a antidepressant like zoloft or paxil my stomach acts up with paxil its the stomach and the high heart rate and with trazodone its the high heart rate and it threw my heart rythem off 

I stopped both of them i am just thinking about taking HRTs with my ativan to stop the anxieties because i am tired of these psych meds causing me to have high heart rate or my blood pressure being high 

My psych doctor said she would not order me any more ativan over the phone because she wants me to cut it down 

i am seeing her tomorrow and she is not going to like the fact that i stopped taking the paxil and trazodone for sleep but on Friday night after taking my ativan and trazodone my heart was racing like crazy so i took my blood pressure and the heart rate was at a 103 i even felt the heart racing and this is why i stopped the paxil and trazodone

What should i do and why is my body so sensitive to these meds i have been crying since yesterday crycryquestion

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Can you reduce you Trazadone for sleep.  I only take 20mg?  If Paxil doesn't work take something else, there are a lot of antidepressants out there.

• Posted

Maybe ssris arent for you.they have different meds. They have natural alternatives as well. They are working on producing new meds as well. What about culturelle daily to help strengthen your gut flora. Some people metabolize ssris poorly cyp450 receptors. They absolutely have other classes of anxiety meds besides ssris. Have you tried bp meds for anxiety they are becoming the go to meds lately for anxiety and they cant raise your bp because thats what they are for. 
    • Posted

What are bp meds never heard of them is it like miriszapeen i tried that in the hospital it had me crying agitated then the trazodone helped me sleep but the next day my anxietis were high and i felt my heart racing like crazy its also the heart rate that raizes with these meds also 

My body is just to damm sensitive 

• Posted

H hun

Im also sensitive to ssri AD. Ive been in perimenopause eight years. Was put on AD mirtazapine which is for depression and anxiety. Im on the lowest dose just a year now. Might be worth asking ur gp for something like that.

I haven't been down the hrt route yet but just to add to our confusion news headlines say hrt is safe after all!!! I don't know what to believe im so confused as to whether to give it a go or not. And then its getting the right one at the right dosesad

Anyone else got any input on this?

Hang on in there hun there is an answer there somewhere for you.

This perimenopause sucks big time x

• Posted

H hun

Im also sensitive to ssri AD. Ive been in perimenopause eight years. Was put on AD mirtazapine which is for depression and anxiety. Im on the lowest dose just a year now. Might be worth asking ur gp for something like that.

I haven't been down the hrt route yet but just to add to our confusion news headlines say hrt is safe after all!!! I don't know what to believe im so confused as to whether to give it a go or not. And then its getting the right one at the right dosesad

Anyone else got any input on this?

Hang on in there hun there is an answer there somewhere for you.

This perimenopause sucks big time x

• Posted

I don't know i am stopped the paxil and the trazodone Saturday did not tell the psych doctor she wants me on the paxil and she wants me to try atarax at bedtime i just don't trust medications any more due to my heart rate and blood pressure problems 

i am not going to take the paxil or the atarax i am just going to take my ativan and thats all i'm putting the paxil on another shelf with the atarax because i do not trust medications at all

• Posted

Have you asked ur gp for something for anxiety like a beta blocker which helps to slow your heart rate and stop the panic..Are you having trouble sleeping..??
    • Posted

Atarax is an antihistamine and is also used for anxiety..
    • Posted

i am currently taking hrt and an ssri..plus when im anxious like heart palpitations i have a beta blocker to stop the physical symptoms...i never took a pill up until two years ago..so the perimenopause crept up on me ..hope this helps.x
    • Posted

A little but for the last few nights i have slept through the night 

No i have not ask for a beta blocker i was on one once metropolol to help with blood pressure 

I have not taking my paxil since Saturday

i have been crying about this a lot because my body is so sensitive to meds crycry

• Posted

I have read up on atarax but i am scared of trying new meds and having a reaction to it like i did in a hospital they gave me an antianxiety medication and i had a bad panic attack to where they had to give me a shot of ativan to calm me down and i was shaking all day because of that
    • Posted

Atarax is an antihistamine. If you can take Benadryl then you can probably take Atarax. It just makes you a little sleepy.
    • Posted

I have had panic attacks with benadryl in the past so i know that i can not take benadryl because of that reaction and if benadryl does that then that means i can not take atarax because i do not want to have a panic attack on that 

I did stop the paxil and i am not taking the trazodone any more 

i am thinking about the going back on my provera which is the progesterone pill with my ativan at bedtime the etrogen pill I'm not sure of right now 

• Posted

I use to be on a beta blocker metropolol and carvidilol and cardisim 

Right now i am on a channel blocker amlodipine and losartan that has helped some 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.