don't know what to do

Posted , 6 users are following.

Yesterday I nearly fainted and my whole body went into a tetany attack (whole body going rigid, difficulty to breathe). I was rushed to hospital in am ambulance where my heart and blood were checked. I'm told all is fine but perhaps it's a reaction to dosage of levo, to go see my dr.

I've recently changed from levothyroxin tablets to levo drops. Heart palpitations/anxiety started again so I reduced dosage from 5 drops which is what my endo prescribed equivalent to 25mcg. So I reduced to 4 drops, then 3 drops and for 2 days now have stopped levo.

Sick of levo not working since starting on it last Feb. Any advice welcome.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Mary,

My symptoms are the same my whole family thinks I'm crazy including my children. I'm always feeling like this and I run back and forth to the hospital. Thank god for my health insurance my hospital bills are astronomical.

• Posted

As always work with your doctor. This is not medical advice.  I started out very low dosage, brand name Synthroid and gradualy increased it over 6 months. I had similar issues. I am now up to 75 mcg brand name Synthroid, no issues. Could not take generic brands, that is what I started with.  Allergy issues, occur in about 30 to 35 % of people, according to my endocrinologist. can not take generic levo because of allergic issues. You may be experiencing an allergic reaction, see if you can try a brand name non generic.
  • Posted

Hi

I was diagnosed with under active thyroid 2 weeks ago THS 69.7 and T4 0.7 which was advised by GP worst results she had seen and no wonder I was feeling so tired and put on so much weight.

I was started on 75 mg of Levothyroxine on a daily basis which I have been taking for about 10 days now. I can honestly say I feel awful I am so tired not a bit of energy feel want to sleep all the time.I still tried to go to work as usual however was sent home on Thursday and have rested but still feel exhausted doing nothing, Is anyone else having same symptoms and if so how long until feel back to normal?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Posted

It's the first most frustrating thing about being hypo and starting on levo. It takes 6 - 8 wks for your body to react. In the meantime use the time to listen to your body and rest. Get sick leave. Repeat tests after 6wks to make sure there's improvement starting. It's a slow process!

• Posted

Hi

I have only been back on Levo for about 2 weeks and yes I feel tired all the time and don't know when I go to work if I'm going to be able to stay all day or not. I'm only on 25mg and I feel horrible just about everyday.

• Posted

I have cut my own meds

I really thought I was going to die.i even wanted to write a will

I fee levothyroxin is actually doing far more damage to my body than any help

Its time the health authority started to question levothyroxin nd the awful.horrendous side effect's

I really feel ive been poisend some how.

Sorry but its a dangerous thing.and who know what its doing to us.

Is it just a cheap nasty drug and the patients are nor worth a proper care plan.

in UK we have no choice at all.

Levothyroxin is the Only treatment.WHY

• Posted

Karen

I thought about it myself stopping all medications because prior to this past year. I was a pretty healthy 42yr old woman. I don't smoke and occasionally drink wine. Eat pretty healthy and don't use salt. Now since I have been diagnosed with hyper now hypo I hv been prescribed all kinds of meds for HBP..VitaminD..Levo..Lisinop..Iron..something for depression..anxiety..restless leg...sleep. I know it's a lot some I have already discontinued.

• Posted

Ive had enough

Fast hearbeats.palpitations.tremmors.lots if things.final decision to cut was blood in my sick as I have been very nausea since I went on levo.

I want to stop altogether but my doc says if I don't take some he wil take me off his list.no others will take me on.

So I cant get any other nhs treatment.

Not sure if he can do that.but ge has got me very worried.

I want a difference treatment or u just want to take my chances.

Levothyroxin I believe is killing me.

I am sorry but negatively is my inky opinion on levo.

Good luck with your choices.

• Posted

When I say cut I meant cutting my levothyroxin down.

Just incase it looks different 😞

• Posted

Been on it 12 weeks.

Promised docs I would give a good try

We have many doctors at our surgery.you never get same one

12 weeks ago I was put on 75

So ill I went back with lots of side effects was put to 50

Went back could not cope with all ills so next doctor said 50 one day then 25 the next day ?

The dose should be 75.by one doc

50 by other doc ?

I'm taking 25 but when doctor finds out he wii put it back up to 50.

I am better on 25 still lots of nausea restless and stuff. Be a lot happier not on it at all

• Posted

Reply waiting for moderated

Short answer 75.

But cut to 50

Now cut to 25 by me not docs

• Posted

Hi.. Ive recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.. Ive just turned 25.

Sitting having a chat with my mum then bam.. After having a horrible sensation in my neck, feeling like i couldnt breathe, having flashing lights in my head and my heart rate reaching 190+ bpm i was diagnosed first with vegus nerve damage then corrected to hypothyroidism.

This was about 3 weeks ago now and 5months after becoming a new mum.

My GP and hospitals have really been letting me down.

I have been given 80mg propranolol as well as iron tablets as they found out i was anemic at the same time.

I have for the past 3weeks been feeling a very uncomfortable tightish suffolkating feeling in my neck.. All day every day. Its scary.

Does this sound normal to you ladies? Having read your conversation i already trust you more than the gp.

• Posted

What blood tests have u had and what are the results? You may get more answers if u post separately. Can u get a second opinion? It sounds so very stressy, especially when you have a new baby.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.