Don’t know what to do

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on 225 Effexor for 15 years. I wanted off due to constant sweating. My doctor weaned me way too fast. I got terrible withdrawal symptoms when I got to 37.5 so doctor put me on Cymbalta 40 mgs forb2 weeks, then 20 mgs. for two weeks. Then he told me to take one every other day. I got horrible withdrawals. He tried Prozac. Didn’t work. Then he told me to go back on 37.5 Effexor to stabilize. It has been two weeks and I still feel horrible. Should I give it more time? Doctor does not know what to do. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What are your symptoms Jacqueline???

I have a similar story to you but I did not use other drugs for withdrawal symptoms .   I reinstated to 37.5 mg for 2 weeks for withdrawal symptoms but felt so sick on them that I stopped at that dose 5 weeks ago and still feel terrible   I have anxiety, insomnia, extreme fatigue, general feeling of not feeling good  at all   I think we may have to just wait it out to feel better.  We will get better but the waiting is so hard.

Are you a member of  Facebook group   Effexor side effects, withdrawals, and discontinuation syndrome???  If you have Facebook, they are an excellent resource of information and helpful members.  Good luck.  I know it’s really hard for you right now 

• Posted

I don't no where I read it, but I believe there is another medication that a doctor can prescribe in conjunction to help the withdrawal 

• Posted

I don't no where I read it, but I believe there is another medication that a doctor can prescribe in conjunction to help the withdrawal 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.