Don’t know what to eat 8 weeks after gallbladder removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I am 8 weeks post op and am so tired of what I eat giving me acid indigestion or waking up with it. I eat things like chicken, fish, rice, teriyaki shrimp and chicken, canned veggies, baked potatos, squash, grapes, and sometimes bread. I take pepcid ac for acid and I use maalox in between. wheb does this acid crap get better? It's not as bad as before, but I am tired of not being able to eat what I want!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi i had same problem. apple cida viniega is very good . if you google it will tell you how to take it. i have a glass in the morning and evening with lemon juice. hope this helos you. Barbara

• Posted

Hi Barbara,

So lemon water helps with this? I was told so, but cannot get past the fact that lemon is acidic....?? how much lemon juice should I use?

• Posted

Hi i use 2 tea spoons of apple cida vinega and half a lemon with water. it helps to break down fat. check the benefits out on google i found it heloful!

• Posted

lemon is acidic outside of the body only. Inside the body lemon juice is alkaline. An alkaline enviroment is one of the best things you can do for your body ie it increases PH levels and lowers acid levels. check it out online

• Posted

It took me almost 2 years. It didn't matter what I ate I got the bile reflux and upper stomach pain. The Omeprozole helped a bit and drinking alot of water. I hope you feel better soon. drink lots of water it really helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.