Don't know what to think?

Posted , 6 users are following.

overall i've been having horrible chest pains and discomfort as well as I have had a stress test and an echo and multipule ekg's all checking out. The doctors think it's anxiety. I have a hard time beliving this. I truly belive something is seriously wrong. Well I finally decided that I was going to take zoloft after many weeks of contemplating (50mg). The next morning I woke up and almost passed out I was having a hard time breathing as well. I went to the er and because they knew I had been there before they just told me it was my anxiety or a bad reaction to the meds. Could this really be true? I Stopped the meds. My heart rate has been low for me though the last two days its been in the lower 60's and I know it's still in the normal range but im wondering if that's why I almost passed out? Because my heart rated dropped to low? I'm not sure but it's low right now and kinda has me freaking out. My heart rate normally runs 80. I know it sounds crazy but I just feel like i'm gonna die... I hate this. I'm only 23 and 5'1 137lbs. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have chest pains and discomfort around it as well. Sometimes I feel my heart itch. I feel it hot and burning at times . I feel it hurt in a matter of speaking. I get a tingling sensation. I have heart palpitations as well. Sometimes it beats really hard I can hear it and feel it. Sometimes i feel like my blood running through my heart in a matter of speaking. I used to have my heart race really fast as well. 130 BPM. My regular BPM is 75 now. This whole chest pain thing gets to me because I always think it's my heart. I've gone to the ER 4 times and to my doctor multiple times. The last time I went there he referred me to a cardiologist. My blood work checked out. ECG checked out. I've had about 5 to 6 ECG and they all came out fine. But that still won't give me comfort. I'm going for a check up in July again to get things get cleared up. My cardiologist told me my chances of having heart related problems are slim to none. I always think of that when I start panicking. So I feel where you are coming from. Stress and anxiety can be the worst. And they often times go hand in hand. I find that the more I think about my anxiety and my heart and my chest and all theset symptoms I start panicking and the symptoms get kind of worse. I was put on bystolic so my heart beat at a normal pace. At first I got dizzy and like weak and dizzy spells and when I stood up I wanted to faint. It progressively got better. I still stuffer from it though. It gets better from time to time. Some days are okay. Some days are okay. And some days are just the worst. I have to get in my head its anxiety because I've been everywhere and have been told I'm okay. But the whole world can tell you that you are fine but there is always that doubt in your head. It's gets better over time. Gotta find a way to overcome and get a grip and take charge.
  • Posted

invest in some home monitoring gadgets measure oxygen level temperature Pulse blood pressure or get a Fitbit watch
    • Posted

Hi Courtney please be careful. You can become obsessed with these things and you will become more anxious and feel worse. Jo x
  • Posted

Hi, Courtney,

Sorry you're having this problem. I see that someone has suggested you buy a whole lot of monitors - please think carefully about this.

You are likely to become even more anxious if you are able to take your vital signs all day long - you'll probably become obsessed with doing it, and frighten yourself even more.

You've had all the necessary tests and they were normal. Either severe anxiety or your first dose of zoloft made you almost pass out. Whichever it was, you were right to stop the zoloft. Treatment severe anxiety is best achieved by therapy, not by medication.

Do remember that nobody's heart rate runs at the same pace all the time.  A heart rate in the normal range would not make you almost pass out.

I do understand that you're having difficulty believing this, but I think the doctors aand nurses you've seen are right - this is anxiety, and yes, it can make all the symptoms you describe happen.

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy will help you. Please give it a try.

\\\\\\\\\\love from Tess

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't know what to do really. I just want to feel better. I am i guess just worried because my heart rate hasn't been so low in about 3 months.. I just hope im okay. I really hope it's just my anxiety and maybe my heart rate is calming down and i'm just not used to it a freaking myself out more.. I don't know. I still have felt kind of faint today.
    • Posted

blood pressureand heart rate go hand-in-hand .when your heart rate is low sometimes your blood pressure will go higher to compensate for a low pulse rate if you are going to monitormonitor your heart rate you need tomonitor your blood pressure as well also low sodium can cause your heart rate to slow down
  • Posted

If you went to the ER and they checked you out your fine. Checking your BP all the time is really stressful if you are suffering from anxiety. If your BP is too low you probably aren't breathing properly. Try doing breathing exercises for anxiety found on YouTube and get into meditation.

I would ask your doctor to give you a sedative for the bad days. If they won't give it to you.. Check out rescue remedy. It's a good fast natural relaxant no side effects. Also supplement with magnesium it will help with the chest pains and racing heart / palpitations and stress levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.