Don’t know what to think....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been worrying myself sick for a week now. So worried i have BLOOD CLOT in lungs. Been having chest pain that ranges from burning, palpitations, sharp pain to pressure in my chest. Also some random pains in my abdomen and back. Went to ER over weekend and they did ekgs,chest xray and bloodwork. Also did a ddimer test which apparently helps to detect clots but that was negative and low.

Pain still persists since then and cant relax. had full cardiac workup toward the middle of last year which included stress test, echo and ct aniogram. All were normal, so assuming this has to be a bloodclot in lungs causing this.

my health anxiety is driving me crazy.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You can get burning pain and palpitations from acid reflux problems, there are quite few upper GI disorders that can give you these symptoms too. I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist and asking about an endoscopy.

• Posted

These symptoms could be caused by lots of things. What is the reason you are particularly worried it's a blood clot? Do you have a family history or any other risk factors?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.