Don't know where to start

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys just new to this site. Been feeling really low for a while now and mostly because i really hate myself. My looks and everything. I dont think im a nice person to be around but when i try to explain to people they tell me the opposite, which isnt what i am looking for. I feel so sensitive to what people say and take everything in a horrible way. I also feel jealous of people which i dont want to but so envious of everyone who is so happy and have great people around them sad

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I don't want to bombard you with cliches and all that, but you are a wonderful person in your own way! I've been through the same thing and Its natural for one to not be happy about themselves every now and again, but we must learn to not let those feelings consume us. The best thing to remember and keep in mind is it won't be like this for long. You have lots of people who care about you even if you don't feel it or realize it smile hope this helps... You got a friend in me if not

• Posted

It does help so thank you...i just hope theres an easy(ish) way to get over this. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone 
    • Posted

I know what you mean. It really does suck... Is there anything that really triggers these feelings or do they just come on randomly? Glad I can be of some help even if it isn't much smile
    • Posted

Nothing triggers it...the feeling is always there its just sometimes its much worse. And when i feel like that i dont want people around me as i feel im not a good person to be round and dont want to being others down. Its so frustrating as i know its so selfish at the same time but i just cant help loathing myself
  • Posted

It is heads they win and tails you lose Katy.  You want people to agree with you what a horrible person you are as it validates your feelings but if they did you would feel even worse wouldn't it?   

It sounds like you are suffering from depression.  Have you been to the doctors?  If not I think you should go.   The thing to remember is that with depression you view everything through a veil of negativity and can't see what a nice person you obviously are.   Other peoples perceptions of you are the accurate ones as they are seeing things as they really are.  Your thinking is cloudy right now which is a very common symptom of depression.   x

• Posted

Everything you say completely makes sense. I suppose i am waiting for people to agree with me but your right, i cant begin to imagine if i heard those words how i would feel.

When i am with people  who Iove, i cant ho but wish i was them, from their looks to their confidence. And it is such a horrible trait. My family try to help but they dont really get it, i think they think i can turn the feelings off. I haven't been to a doctor about it no, as i find it hard to describe what it is i feel. Its such a lonely place to me though. I just really wish i could be happy within myself as i know ill always be alone untill i can love and accept myself x

• Posted

Hey Katy.....

Let me tell you something you are special and unique in your own way....no one has the right to judge........sometimes it's very hard for humans to accept each other they will never understand each other completely....only God can....and plus don let these people offend you....stay strong....you are brilliant in your own way....they might not see it....but God those because he created you and he loves you...there are people who care sometimes you just have to find them....but always remember u always have God by your side....no one can ever reduce the love he has for you and nothing you do will make him love you less....trust him....Jesus loves you...and happiness is Gods gift to you and always remember no one in the whole world ever has the right to take it away so stay strong and don't let them k...take care

• Posted

Katy your are a special person, and what your doing is normal and a number f us have all gone thru what you are feeling. If you can ( and I know it hard at this time of year ) try to have some me time and try to focus on something positive, even if its 5 mins from the norm feeling.

Sending you a huge Christmas Hug.

• Posted

Hey Katy,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I know how it's like to hate yourself and be sensitive and taking everything in a horrible way. I used to be the same. For many years I felt my life had no purpose whatsoever, that I didn't matter and nobody would miss me if I was gone. I was so jealous of everyone as they seemed to have it so much better than me. I thought it wasn't fair.

The truth is, we are all special in our own way. Each one of us has their own talents, qualities, gifts that we can share with others. Nobody can give to others what you can. You may feel jealous of others, but I bet there are people who are jealous of you as well. I never thought anyone would ever be jealous of me and was very surprised some told me they were. 

You need to appreciate yourself more. You matter, just like everyone else. Don't ever forget that. Try to focus on what's good about you, find all the good and you'll see you are actually a wonderful person who has a lot to give to others. It will make you feel better about yourself.

Wishing you all the best,

Tina xx

• Posted

Try to see if there is something you  can do differently in 2015. I am sure you are a really nice young lady 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.