Don't leave it too long to ask for help

Posted , 5 users are following.

**Hi everyone, I joined this group years ago and felt like I was doing so well! Things been building up, though.... Life events, illness, relationship breakdown...Too much to handle in one go...

So, today after months of being strong, not wanting to bother anybody with things I overslept, was late for work and finally realised I had to go back to the doctor - I can't lose my job on top of everything else. My meds have been increased, I've taken back a bit of control I didn't work out that I'd LOST.**

There are legitimate reasons why I've crashed....I never asked for help, I didn't want to burden anyone, but REALLY? How can I sit there and say to my doctor that I have no support, when I haven't TOLD anyone. I'm 49 and have suffered from depression from the age of 19, I thought I had this sussed out now...

Guess I'm just saying that it's still ok to admit you're NOT ok.

... And all love to you if you're suffering xx

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well done for having the courage to go back and ask for help. Sometimes the right things to do are also the hardest. Good luck 😃

• Posted

i get it. its hard to ask for help or tell people. My daughter and husb know i have issues, but unless you'be been there, they dont really understand. right now i'm back on proz and well and waiting for it to kick in. went off meds w/out telling dr. WRONG DECISION.Thanks for listening

• Posted

Thanks Mary, It's hard to admit to! Glad you're back on your meds and hope they kick in soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.