Don't no what this is

Posted , 6 users are following.

About a year and a half ago I took a lot cocaine which led to me self harming myself as I thought I was going to get killed . I was put into a psychratric ward for 2 weeks. But l went out the other night and I actually heard people talking about me and pointing at me when they was outside and I was inside. I've still got thoughts I'm going to get killed and people are plotting it all. I'm conscious of my family and friends and everyone talking about me

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Aimee,

My suggestion, would be to make an appointment with your GP as soon as possible to talk through with him/her what has happened recently.

Good luck

• Posted

If you feel that they have been of no help, could you maybe change to a different GP?  Or change to a different GP practice?  

I cannot fault the support that I have had over the last couple of years from my GP.  It's been a very rough time, but he has helped me through it.  

• Posted

Hi aimee obv im not a dr or anything so this is only personal advice.. wen ive been in psych wards a lot of wat youre going thru cud be a drug induced psychosis. Its similar to a lot of the patients i met when there. They were paranoid felt ppl were talking about them etc. Of course it cud be a sign of something else that needs treatment as it sounds a hard way for u to live like this. As people have said in the comments above u must try to change yr gp asap. Be evaluated to get the ryt help. Gud luck aimee. Let us know how u get on. Mandy xx
    • Posted

Yes it was called drug induced psychosis. I just feel like everybody hates me and talks about me and if they ask me to go somewhere it's all a set up it's horrible. My gp is useless and there is no other surgerys

• Posted

Aww i thought it sounded like that. Bless u. Sorry to hear there are no other surgeries. Unsure whether ur in the uk or not as i was guna advise u to contanct mind the mental health charity if so. As they will get an advocate for u to try find some help or counselling. Thats wat my ex did as he wasnt happy at his gp surgery & mental health team. If not an option were here in the forum to listen. Sending a hug xx

• Posted

Thanku it's nice to talk on hear as no one else no what I'm going through or they tell me to stop being stupid. But I don't think i am being paranoid I'm pretty sure people were talking about me and something is going to happen but another part of me thinks f..k wat people think of me now

• Posted

Thats what i think now its taken yrs to get to that point but now i gotta try n think just of me n my daughter. Otherwise i wont carry on feeling better... hoping u feel happier v v soon. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Aimee - yes it sounds like a paranoid psychosis that has been activated by the use of cocaine. It is in your interest to shop around for medical/expert assistance to help you through this terrifying condition. Meanwhile, you know that this condition is in your head. No-one is after you. People aren't standing around talking about you and plotting against you. You are imagining it and you must seek help to deal with this debilitating situation.

• Posted

It's just horrendous I'm scared to go out and be social but I'm 99% sure people was talking about me that night as surely to god u can't think ur hearing it

• Posted

Bad social anxiety would have (but I'm not a doctor) symptoms similar to what you're describing as well. I have that and...well, it's a major hass. Google Social Anxiety Disorder. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi aimee how u feelin ? Xxx
    • Posted

A little bit better but I'm trying to forget it all. THis is what I'm sayin people were talking about me as I heard them so that wasn't paranoia maybe the other thoughts are but don't think this was. Also the man I was seeing has finished things for no reason at all

• Posted

Ohh blimey!! Thats not gud xx hope uve got sum support close to where u r xx big hug :0)
    • Posted

Thank u no I'm alone only talk on here but he's told me to stop texting him so that I have to do just feel broken

• Posted

Aww its such a horrible feeling.. really sorry yr so sad right now xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.