Don't Punish Pain rallies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently posted about my medication being reduced due to new opioid regulations.As a former mental heath case manager,I have been used to advocating for clients so I started searching the internet.September is Pain Awareness Month and Don't Punish Pain rallies are being held in most U.S.States on September 18,2018 .These rallies are to try to bring attention to the hardship that these regulations are bringing to chronic pain sufferers and the fact that most of us obtain and use our medication legally without becoming addicted.Those of us ,our friends and loved ones who can need to make our voices heard.All of us are just a doctor appointment away from losing these medications.After 17 yrs of a wonderful,productive life,I never dreamed this could happen and my life changed so drastically.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I access my meds legally but due to lack of doctors appointment in the UK and minimal time I have become addicted to my meds which are recognised as a class B opioid drug. I knew in myself that something was not right have tried to reduce the drugs myself and struggled when I managed to see my doc to say I was concerned she told me to wait until I saw the pain management. I have been on these drugs for 5 years and the doctor did nothing to stop it getting to this point! I agree recognition needs to be made but for me there needs to be much more to help us sufferers rather than drugs. I hate knowing that I am addicted and there is no immediate help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.