Don't take my levothyroxine and no thyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys! Please sorry to my english. If I won't take my levothyroxine with no thyroid gland, how long it will take effect on blood tests? What if I won't take my levothyroxine 3 days before blood tests? And one week before blood tests? Thanks!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, can you explain why you would want to do this? If you have no thyroid gland, and you don't take the levothyroxine, then your body will suffer. Your blood results will come back abnormal and the doctor will not be able to give you the correct dosage of medication, which will in turn affect your body badly. I don't understand why you want to do this.

• Posted

No please you have to take your meds everyday or you will have a tyroid Strom not fun very hurtful to yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.