Don’t understand blood results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’ve just had bloods done for my under active thyroid and results are  

free T4 23.3  10.00-22.00pmol/L

TSH 0.27   0.30-4.50mlU/L

I was told to reduce levothyroxine from 125 to 100 and to see how I feel. I’ve been feeling ill for a few weeks. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian, looks like your numbers are slightly high. It is thought that the sweet spot for levothyroxin is at the high end if normal ir dlightly above, which is exactly where you are. 

You might want to keep a diary of how you’re feeling, your dosage and foods.

Some people swear this medication works for them, but my experience is that it’s a placebo with side effects. It shows results in bloodwork, but actually made my thyroid disease worse.

• Posted

Hi Gillian go on to a forum you called health unblocked they are spot on at intepretating blood results for  thyroid they have helped me so much and will tell you ref minerals and vitamins... good luck keep me posted ... 
  • Posted

HI Gillian, I Agree with Clare1971 - Sign up to THYROID UK which also accesses Health Unlocked. The help and advice on that forum is amazing.

I had full thyroid and vitamin test done privately using one of Thyroid UK recommended sites and posted results on the forum. If your vitamin levels aren't optimum that can have an effect on your thyroid health, also private tests will also give you a T3 reading not just TSH and T4.

I hope you get back to good health soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.