Don't understand my Blood Test results, immunoglobulin and serum lipid

Posted , 1 user is following.

Over the last few years I have been struggling with my diet. But not in terms of maintaining a healthy weight.

From being around 22yo to 27 I've had issues with my gut. I haven't been able to eat the food I used to be able to as it caused stomach troubles.

I would have days of stomach aches and cramps, bloating and bouts of the runs and constipation. I also started to suffer from indigestion quite a lot.

I was sent to the hospital for multiple test and ultrasounds but with no results. In the end I was diagnosed with IBS and recommended to watch my diet and cut down on drinking, eating spicy and fatty foods.. the usual stuff. Fyi I'm not a big drinker and don't eat a lot of fast food.

However still years on I have still had these stomach troubles, even after cutting these foods out of my diet. I started to notice that when I ate breads and pasta I would get horrible stomach cramps and the runs. I went to the doctors again who tested me for Celiac, but again I had no positive results. But still whenever I test my theory of eating pasta or bread I feel like absolute rubbish after.

Over the last 18months I have been working on getting toned and fit, ive lost weight, built muscle got stronger and fitter.

27 years old

Weigh 75kg

BMI of 22

Metabolic age of an 18year old

Body composition of

Muscle 57%

Fat 8%

Last week I recently had some blood Test for...

1.A.N.A

2.B12 and serum fostate

3.Calcium profile

4.ccp antibodies

5.urea and electrolytes

6.FBC

7.Feratin

8.Lipid profile

9.Glucose

10.immunoglobulin

11.Bone profile

12.liver kidney stomach antibodies

13.rhumatoid factor

14.ESR

15.Thyroid screen

16.Celiac Screen

Aswell as an Allergy test .

I'm no doctor or nurse, I only have a vague idea what some of those tests are for.

However I received a letter regarding some results...

Dear ...

We have results of your recent blood tests and the doctor would like you to repeat the enclosed bloods in three months time as detailed below -

To repeat in 3months

Sirum lipid fasting ( please ensure you fast 10hours prior)

Immunoglobulins

The doctor has also advised that you follow a low fat diet. I have enclosed a low fat diet sheet for you to follow.

Now I can't understand how why I'm asked to follow a low fat diet when. I'm fittest and strongest I've ever been and currently at 8% body fat on the lowest scale of the spectrum.

I would appreciate any feedback to what is going on as none of this has been explained to me and I can't seem to understand why I'm asked to follow a low fat diet when I've been watching my diet and eating chicken and rice for months.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.