donna42833

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had the links procedure done in 1/17 had problems from the beginning , with vomiting, trying to eat , trying to swallow, and the acid reflux has been just a bad as it was before the procedure, and  I had a nissin before this. The nissen has tore loose before the linx was done and had to be taken down along with a hiatal hernia repair .  I called the dr back they told me it could take up to 6 mts for it to heal so give it 6 mts .  Now after 6 miserable mts. they did a swallow test and said I have pooling , I see others have had that , on Monday the 9th of July they are going to do a scope with ballooning wondering does it work or has anyone experience more problems  this acid has got to stop ,I have been taking  PPI for 15 yrs and need to stop before there is kidney damagel

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh friend, Donna, I thank you for sharing your story.  I am in a really bad shape with your same symptoms but terrified of surgeries after brave and noble people like you have made sure I was well informed.  I am so sorry you have been to hell and back and it sounds like you are worse today that before.  When I was researching the Lynx procedure, I learned that it is not indicated for use with a hiatal hernia repair but doctors go right on doing them.  It makes me so angry.  You have been through so much, in my humble opinion, you may need to be seen by another doctor for a second opionion.  I am so sorry for your struggles.  This is why I am trying every natural remedy, therapy, diet change and exercise to avoid surgery.  I have heard too many stories like yours.  

There are many diet management tricks that really work.  It makes life sad because your cannot eat anything yummy but at least you aren't sick with nausea and tormented with pain all the time.  

Prayers for you, sad

• Posted

Thank you Christa, knowing Im not alone on this helps,  tommorrow they are going to try and dialate where the linx is ,  I will let them do it once and see if it works this has been 2 years of messing around with this terrible acid that I have had for many years , had a nissen wrap first it lasted for 8 yrs. if I get no results here we will move on to the mayo clinic we are not that far from them. Just to get another opinion. 
    • Posted

Donna, I am so sorry you are suffering so.  My heart goes out to you.  These symptoms are horrible.  Were you pleased with the Nissen wrap until it failed?  I read where they often have to be redone every 8-10 years.  I am so very sick and getting worse.  I cannot eat and I am dropping weight rapidly.  We are pretty certain we are headed to surgery because I have tried everything and it is not working.  
    • Posted

Hi Christa

would you be kind enough to share what dietary tricks you refer to that are effective

thank you

Frank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.