Dont know if its mono or what

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys im almost 3 months in and I went to the doc and they told me that the mono should be gone and that I was very depressed so they put me on antidepressant I've been feeling tingling all over my body my arms my hands and feet legs and my head I have been have been having trouble talking have very very bad pain in the back of my head and neck and I just dont feel myself im very nauseous my arms are so weak a sock is heavy! Im really scared is this from mono still im scared this could be Ms or something anybody else felt this way!? I am not really able to sleep at night either I toss and turn and just can't sleep

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add my vision has been blurry and the upper part of my back has been hurting feels like the none in my neck is sore to
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

My doctor said the same thing and for me it lasted 11 months total, the doctors really don't understand.

My niece had mono years ago as a teenager and she said she couldn't even lift her hands to wash her hair, she was so weak, she runs marathons now.

• Posted

Im just scared its something else how bad I hurt my neck and the back of my head is killing me and the upper part of my spine! And I have blurry vision.
    • Posted

She got sick in May and all summer. She is a teacher now and still remembers it very well( she was in 8th grade) and when her students say they have it she tells them to go home and rest.

The virus is just brutal, the only good thing about it is that once you feel better you will appreciate life and your health in a way you never did before. I am so sorry you have to go through the sickness, aches and pains, anxiety and overall flu like feelings of mono. Hang in there you will recover.

• Posted

HI Emma,

Just remember it is very normal still be having symptoms 3 months after being diagnosed with mono, everyone on the forum here is the same with it too by the looks of it and I was when I went through it as well. It is not likely to be anything else and you've done the right thing by seeing the doc recently, I really hope the anti-depressant helps and I know they have helped me in my life sometimes you just need a boost and something to settle you and help you get through tough time.

Remember you ARE going to get better Emma - truly truly truly I believe this, and even if it's not today or tomorrow or next week, it is going to happen - hang in there and keep reminding yourself of that even though I know it doesn't seem like it's going to happen, recovery definitely will happen over time - it can take a few months but you will get there, you're young and have lots of good things to look forward to Emma once this is all by, I really believe that.

Craig

• Posted

I really thinking about stopping the antidepressant because im feeling worse and am not able to sleep at night. Do you take yours at night or in the morning? I take mine at night and its making me sleep a lot worse! I've been,have a lot of tingling in my head and I have never had this problem.

• Posted

HI Emma,

What is the anti-depressant you are on if you don't mind me asking? I am on two, one I take in the morning and one at night, for different reasons, one is to help with pain. First time I took anti-depressants I had a very rough couple of weeks, it does take a couple of weeks for them to get into your system and start working, so if you can persevere for that time and hopefully you will see the benefits, but talk to doctor if unsure - tinging in head is normal with the anti-depressants, it means something is starting to work and although you might not feel it right away, you will feel better with them in a couple of weeks almost certainly - they do work.

Craig

• Posted

Im am taking zoloft. I have been taking it for 4 days now I have been feeling more anxious lately I have been having a really hard time sleeping at night did it cause tingling in your head at first? The docs told me depression is causing my headaches
    • Posted

Hi Emma,

Yes anti-depressants very much do cause a tingling in the head, light headed feeling as they get into your system - this is very normal and it passes over. Once they start working it's a much better feeling, more like you just feel like you can think more clearly and things seem more bearable. 4 days is still quite early, I felt not at all great for a couple of weeks after I first started taking them as I remember, so don't worry and give it a try and if still not great maybe towards the end of 2 weeks check in with the doc again, but you are going to feel better I do feel convinced about that.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.