dont know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

just been reading some of the posts on here,i think i suffer from depression,i am 37 and im married with 4 kids,,i hate being arond people dont like going out,got no friends, crying alot,i was diagnosed a year ago with underactive thyroid,i always panic when im around people,its taking me ages to admit that i might suffer from depression,people must think im miserable and maybe i am,has anyone got any advise on what to do,i tried talking to my gp but she didnt listen to me,sometimes i think about ending my life cos i hate thr way i am but i keep thinking of my kids,if im honest i have had alot of sadness in my life.

lynne

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI there Lynne37

I understand you Lynne as I have felt like you as I felt like no-one was listening to me!!!!!! I was married before and he drank excessively and his fidelity was much to be desired, as generally he slept with anything in a skirt, and showed me up making a joke of my thyroid problems as though I was making things up as I was just \"fat\" and he embarrassed me in front of his mates all the time and I was extremely scared of him due to his abusive nature........ I stuck at this for 15 years for my girls sake????, I caught him in bed with another woman too anyway finally I thought 8 years I will be forty and I thought I cannot go on like this as I felt so depressed and so I got rid of him!!!!! ....... Best thing I ever did.

I am married again but this time my husband is supportive and loving no matter what size I am, he loves me for me, not what stereotype that people look upto, and he has been so supportive with my diagnosis of fibromyalgia as this gets me so depressed due to the constant pain, I feel like it is not fair as all those years I was with my ex and I was \"healthy\" and now I am in a loving relationship I think Life can be cruel but hey we just have to think of what is good like our children and people that support us!!!!!!!! and guess what the most best news I got.............. you know what they say what goes around comes around well............... :lol: my ex caught the same girl I caught him with as he got back with her after we finished and he caught her sleeping with someone else!!!!!! I waited 8 years for this news and I think well yes he deserves it after all the emotional pain he put me through!!!!!!

Anyway hun we all have some better cycles in life and this will happen sooner than you think................ be strong hun, if your doctor is not listening to you then change your doctor as that is what they are there for!!!!!! Why not chat to a close relative or even see about joining a Thyroid Support group as we have one in our town, you may feel better socializing with fellow thyroid sufferers? I am setting up a support group for fibromyalgia sufferers in my area as there is nothing in my local town and as this is a disabling disease that no-one wants to or seems to listen, so I am getting my local MP's and town aware of this and hopefully I can help others!!!!!

Take care hun ttfn x :hug: :cheerup:

SES

• Posted

hi ses

im really sorry for all the problems you have had,ive been quite through alot myself like losing my 2 brothers at a young age i have also been sexually abused as a child,i have no confidence no self esteem,im also very quiet so i find it hard to tell people how i feel and people think im miserable so it gets me even more depressed,i never go out and lately ive been getting suicide thoughts,i hate my life,ive been to see a counceller and that didnt help me at all in fact it made me worse.i cry alot sometimes for no reason at all.

take care

lynne x

• Posted

Hi Lynne37

I used to cry a lot due to my past life experiences, but now I think my experiences have made me who I am now, I am so much stronger since I chucked my ex husband as he was a massive weight on my shoulders due to his behavior and morals.

Change your doctor hun as he/she should listen as that is what they are there for!!!!!

Take care x

:cheerup: :peace: :rose:

• Posted

hi all again

can i just say my doctor is ok,its just i hate moaning to my doctor all the time and i havent actually told her i feel,if im honest i feel embarrassed about it.

lynne

• Posted

HI Lynne,

That is what the doctor is there for! YOU will not be the first or last to discuss your troubles so just tell him/her how you are feeling as that is what they get paid for, to listen to their patients xxxx

A trouble shared is a trouble halved as they say, I know that is not exactly true but getting support can be extremely helpful as before I was diagnosed with my fibro I felt I was banging my head against the wall and thankfully I got to see a consultant that wanted to listen, and believe me I know I am in pain but at least I know its not in my head!!!! :lol:

Take care x

SES

• Posted

Hi Lynn

I think your right in thinking you might have depression. There are online screening tests you can do if your not quite sure. It does not diagnose you but it might make it easier to talk to your dr if you tell them or take your result with you. I would recomend googling for \"depression screening\" (its a multiple choice questionaire.)

Admitting to your self how you really feel can be hard because when you do you know you have to do something about it, also you have to be ready.

zed

• Posted

Hi Lynne37

Just a quick note, wondering how you are? I hope you are feeling better?

Take care

:cheerup:

SES

• Posted

hi ses

im still the same,not been back the doctors yet,its these suicide thoughts thats scaring me,thanks for thinking of me,i really do think depression is a terrible illness and i really feel for anyone who has this awful illness.

thanks

lynne

• Posted

Hi Lynne37

You do need to chat to someone about your thoughts, your doctor would be a good person to speak to, I have felt like you previously before I had got my diagnosis of fibromyalgia, as I felt no-one wanted to listen to me!!!! but when I got my diagnosis I finally felt sane!!!! How about writing a diary and then show your GP if you feel you cant express yourself verbally as it is not nice suffering in silence!!! I know as I had that for a year!!!

I hope you get yourself sorted out and feel better soon, take care x

SES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.