DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Posted , 4 users are following.

So a couple of months ago I found out that I have 2 small thyroid nodules. Of course I freaked out but now calm and just waiting for the results of my 2nd thyroid ultrasound. I am also struggling with my blood pressure. For the past months I have been nervous all the time because of all the stuff that has been happening to me (different tests). My doctor keeps on saying that I have high blood pressure (which is weird cause I am younger than 18) because it would be 130/80 to 150/90 to 145/80 or around those readings. But when she does check it I am always nervous and freaking out and shaking. I am wondering if its cause of that. When I do check it at home, it sometimes is high or normal. Since my doctor and parents have been talking about high blood pressure and what it could do to your body I have been scared to take it being afraid it would be sky rocket high. Im wondering if it is my thyroid, fast heart rate (which my doctor thinks its cause of my nodules) my nervousness, my family history, or just me. Im going to a cardiologist to check with my heart next month which is freaking me out.

*Now my doctor is prescribing me hypertension medication (Enalapril 5mg once a day) when im not even 18 yet! I am very young having to take BP medication?? My doctor thinks my hypertension is cause of my thyroid or, nervousness.I feel so old. I feel like when I take this medication, my blood pressure will drop tremendously. Not I don't even know what to do now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am going up to London to UCL where I went with my mother age 8, now I return 60 years later. I will be going in next week on Wednesday for 3 days. Please TRY to stay as calm as you can, problems like we have feed on stress. It will only make things far worse. Unless your consultant has asked you to take your BP, I would only monitor it 3 times a week or so. Worrying about what your BP is doing won't help either. I know exactly how you feel, it is most unfortunate BUT the most important thing is to stay calm and perhaps ask your parents to chase for the results. I was born with problems, I an still here 68 years later. Good luck dear!🍀🍀🍀
  • Posted

HI Ophelia, try not to worry...hypertension is easily....and ....effectively treatable....xx

One of sons had and still does sometimes have very, very, very high BLOOD PRESSURE...he is treated with three different medications, he was young when he was diagnosed.....but with the medication it is controlled most of the time....

Michael's is caused by CONN'S SYNDROME...he has A tumour on one of his kidneys...unfortunately, even though he has had two scans, they are unable to find it as it must be inside one or both of his kidney's....otherwise, they could remove it and cure him...

But, back to the main point.....you can be treated VERY effectively. By medication..which will keep it down my love...my twin ( identical ) sister also has hypertension..

Once they find the cause of it, they will know a lot more about the best travel for you..I know you are very young lovey,, and you must be frightened, but they will do everything in their power to help y, medication is wonderful nowadays my lovey...

Please take care, I wish you good health, and I send you huge, huge hugs and cuddles, lovey....DEIRDRE xxx

• Posted

Thanks so much. Your comment about the fact that hypertension is easily and effectively treatable really helped alot.
  • Posted

Do not worry. High blood pressure is very common and easily treatable. Try however to limit your salt intake and stay calm and do not stress. Eat low sodium food. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish

Stay away from processed and canned food

• Posted

I agree please try to stay calm and try to ask your parents to hurry your appointment on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.