dont look like myself anymore

Posted , 14 users are following.

Does anyone else feel they just dont look the same . tired drab old bags under eyes black circles 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I feel like that, it's depressing. I can see my youth slipping away :-(

• Posted

Me too Fiona. Don't look like myself and don't feel like myself. Age has never really bothered me until now .... 50 next month and really down about it xx

• Posted

Yes me too. Hate it. I was chugging along resigned to growing old and not very bothered, just a bit sad about it and then I consoled myself that everyone grows old anyway. But... I fell in love! With a guy who is 15 years younger, a fitness trainer! And a month after that I went into menopause! I was distraught! I got into fitness madly, lost ten kgs got a fantastic figure but boobs are sagging and skin is wrinkling, hair is thinning... I tried every cream and supplement to get back my looks and libido but... there is no happy ending. I feel a hundred years old, I get really depressed about it and broke up with the love of my life as I can't bear to see him even talking to young, healthy, fertile 30 something women. I think it was for the best. But damn the menopause. Nature is unfair.

• Posted

Yes fiona i look 80 not 51. Always look tired. Big bags under the eyes and everything thing else that comes with menapause xx
  • Posted

Yep, I hit 45, was going along ok and then out of the blue started Looking and feeling absolutely dreadful the constant exhaustion, terrible skin, bags and circles under eyes.... definitely feeling very unsexy not noticeable recently...I just try to get through the day and avoid mirrors lol.. I try to stay hydrated and take a walk when I can but exhaustion usually puts an end to that thought...Hang in there and know you’re not alone ❤️
  • Posted

Yes..  this is me at the moment and I don't know what happened.  I was doing well I thought thru spring and summer-- taking it one day at a time.  Now kids are off to school which I was excited about BUT now I'm dragging-- no energy not in the mood to do anything but the basics.  I look old and frumpy.. just blah  I know it's hormones so I will continue to do what I know is right and hopefully it will pass.

• Posted

Hi Fiona,  same here... I look like a ghoul...only 41 years young 😭

• Posted

I do not look of feel the same. Got the tire in the middle and saggy dry skin. Don't feel like being social and the libido is gone. Hoping for better days!

• Edited

Sometimes I think that a lot of things are in our mind! Meno makes definitely feel old but I m not sure that meno ages us. I see ladies in their 50 with periods look older than their age and younger ladies in meno who look and act younger than their age. So I think that our psychology, diet and lifestyle affects the way we age, not only meno. 
    • Posted

It's genetics mostly and to some extent food and lifestyle. Greying, wrinkles, menopause age, age of first period, nausea during pregnancy etc etc are genitically controlled. Of course we can alter it to some extent by eating right and working out, exercising etc. I am 53kgs, I work out one hour a day cardio, weights, dancing, yoga. I eat organic, I sleep well. Yet as soon as I hit menopause my skin just died, looks nothing like it was a year ago, despite taking HRT

• Posted

Yes same here, I have naturally curly hair and my partner loves it down but because I've dyed it now for last 10 years cause of grey and Meno/ageing it's just not the same anymore, it was my crowning glory and I loved wearing it down I just tie it back now as can't be bothered with it. I'm actually thinking of cutting it really short. My partner said today how come you always tie it back nowadays . I can barely look at myself in the mirror nowadays, I always look shattered, I hobble around like I'm 80 when I first get up cause so stiff and painful. Meno and ageing is soooo cruel ??

• Posted

Fiona - It seems I have age spots on my hands and arms and I just noticed it within the last 2 months. My skin and neck look so different! It's like something switched and changes in me accelerated. I sent in for a saliva test kit from ZRT to check my hormone levels - one of the symptoms listed were :

Rapid Aging

That was listed along with so many other symptoms of the peri. Who knew? My cousin, aged 55, said she felt like she experienced rapid changes in her looks around age 50 (I will be 50 in November). My hair looks so different, too. I know it didn't happen overnight - but sometimes it feels like it. 

• Posted

Hopefully they will discover safe long-term hormone substitutes. People live longer these days. Having to live like a shadow of one's former self for thirty or forty years is just cruel and scary. Studies have shown two years after Menopause women lose 50% of their collagen and 30% bone loss. No wonder we wind up looking like crypt keepers! I take HRT, I work out like crazy, I am into supplements and juice, organic food n so on. But... It's like running hard to stay in the same place and still slipping back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.