Dont understand This Spirometry please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m 50 year old male X smoker

I had to get an x-ray done and a Spirometry test got a call from my Doctor to go and see him for the results, he tells me I have COPD and a shadow on my lung.

At work I had a new Spirometry test done and here are the readings in %

EVC 83%

VC   83%

FEV1  87%

FUV    94%

PEF    99%

FEV1/FUC 96%

FFF  25     65%

FEF  50     64%

FEF  75     59%

FEF25-75   62 %

I’m no doctor but I’ve been searching the internet and to me it doesn’t look like I have COPD . By look at the resorts

but can I have copd and still produce these numbers, or am I reading the thing wrong

PS sorry about the grammar never was very good at school

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all hope everyone is well

just an update, I think it's important to let everyone know, and not just walk away from the forum

ok had a call from the hospital and was told my lungs are clear ( haven't seen a

consultant yet ) but was told I have systs on my, I see a consultant in March .

i had a spiromety done in the hospital and the results where not as good as I thought

they where going tobe my fev1 78% fev1/fvc 80% that's if I'm reading it right predicted value 3.67 observed pre 2.86 % = 78% 

• Posted

Systs on my liver (sorry)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.