Doppler Test - is poor antegrade flow dangerous

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all,

1st time poster.

I've recently been experiencing issues that when i turn my head fully to the right i get instantly dizzy feeling and actually blacked out briefly on one occasion. pretty scary as i was driving at the time.

as part of the diagnosis process i have had a Doppler test with left side antegrade normal and right side poor.

gp never really explained what poor meant, does anyone here know if i should be worried as am bring told it is satisfactory.

thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like Bow Hunter's Syndrome, which is what I've been diagnosed with. One of your vertebral arteries is occluded. I am having surgery to correct the problem, which is the only treatment. Please look it up and see a neurovascular surgeon. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Adrian,

I think is your balance which is low in one side of your ear.

you need to see ENT so can refer you to AUDIOLOGY so they can do balance test.

read my post i have the same problem.

I Hope you get better soon.

Sab 

• Posted

Hi Adrian, antegrade in this case is simply a reference to direction of flow and means blood is traveling in the right way along an artery. It's impossible to say whether the result signifies anything potentially dangerous or even significant without taking other factors into account such as your age, diet, general state of health, whether you're a smoker, whether you're overweight, whether you exercise regularly etc. I would suggest that you see your GP again and ask him to explain the result and any ramifications in more detail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.