doris97260

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking lercanidipine for 2 months now and I have had headaches every day  they are like tension headaches. Does anyone have the same problem?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Doris,

Calcium antagonists tend to give you headaches - I know!  Because, so I have read, they open all the blood vessels and also the ones in the brain, hence the headaches.

Consider yourself lucky that only headaches are bothering you.  I have had the lot of side effects, although they are so very effective.

Ask your doctor, may another one will suit you better.

Lots of luck and all the best.

EN

• Posted

Thank you Elle besides the headaches I forgot to mention that I  have other side effects like feeling nervous and anxious about 20 minutes after taking them .also I feel wobbly and weak in the legs. I just can't seem to feel right !!!

• Posted

Hi Elke, 

Your explanation has been very helpful thx. I am on 20 MSG of Zanidip which is the same as lercapadine

could I ask what other side effects you are getting ? Any Sinus inflammation or aching muscles . I am wondering as to minerals the the channel blockers maybe depleting ..

Many thanks

• Posted

As I said previously, calcium channel blockers tend to cause head aches because all the small arteries open.  However, I have a friend who has been taken Felodipin for quite a while without having aches or, like you, feeling wobbly. Do speak to your GP perhaps he can prescribe another one that will suit you better.  I can´t take any of them, unfortunately, although they are very effective and bring the BP down.

Best of luck!  And maybe the side effects will settle after a while, give a a couple of weeks more.

Kind regards

Elke

• Posted

Thank you Elke. I went back to my gp and he has prescribed propropanol to lower my pulse rate .however I will keep felodipin in mind should this latest medication not suit me. And mention to him that if this one fails I could possibly try it .just have to keep fingers crossed  best wishes Doris
    • Posted

I am taking Amlodipine 10mgs and get the same side effects symptons as you, headaches, wobbley feelings and swollen ankles even blocked sinuses in the mornings which I thought was due to laying down as it clears an hour or so after getting up.

I also take Bisoprolol and there could be an interaction with Amlodipine as well?

I reduced my amlodipine to 5mgs but still get the same feelings although not swollen ankles. I am going to have to see my GP very soon.

Best wishes

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.