Dorsal slit?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have severe phimosis and recently a doctor mentioned a dorsal slit as opposed to a circumcision. Has any ever had this procedure or know anyone who hasn’t had this procedure? I’d like to see some photos of “after” shots to see what I might look like afterward. The internet show “during” photos that are NOT pleasant but that’s to be expected. I’d like to see one that is healed. Any help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had any experience of any surgical procedure on my penis / foreskin but I must say a Dorsal Slit sounds much better than a full circumcision. I'm presuming you have looked into stretching methods? There's a lot on the web about stretching devices. Also a downloadable book by Alvin Brits on Amazon. 

• Posted

Hello! Thank you for your message. At this stage I’m gathering information. Yes, a dorsal would be preferable to a full circumcision but I’d like to “see” what it looks like when it’s healed. The photos and videos online show a horror show of images during the procedure not after. I’ll take a look at the book you mentioned! Thank you!
  • Posted

I don't know how bad your phimosis is, but did you already try stretching and/or a steroid cream?  Did the doctor also mention preputioplasty as an option?

• Posted

Hi. I only recently began steroid cream and stretching. I’ve never heard of preputioplasty, don’t know what that is. I’ll ask. Thanks!
  • Posted

There are some answers to your request if you use google uk for  preputioplasty and select 'thestudentroom' in the list.

• Posted

Pepasan,

Thank you. I found some good info online about it too. Looks very interesting!

I’ll ask my urologist

Best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.