Dosage Change 100-150mg HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

Just found this site- very insightful!

I am currently taking 150mg of Sertraline and 150mg of Trazodone each day. 2 1/2 weeks ago I was upped from 100mg of Sertraline to 150 mg as I was getting my old symptoms of paranoia and anxiety back again. The last two weeks I was doing OK -slightly better (maybe a placebo affect?)- anyway.. I am feeling slightly stressed- actually worrying about worrying!! In anyones experience, will this subside? I have been on Sertraline for about 6 months and it was fine before. I have been on various other antidepressants before (Mirtazapine, citalopram, venlafaxine) and (temazepane, zopiclone) - which did not work at all...

Sorry for the random long email - but should I now cut back on my dose of 150 or keep going feeling I will get better again...

Any help would be REALLY appreicated!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

who updated your dose? your gp or what? I am on 100mg of this and am not sure whether it is working. Still feel like sh*t, y'know! Sounds like you are taking a lot of this stuff & best check with gp or whoever. Write soon. JANEY x

• Posted

Hi :-)

I was put on this by my GP - as 100 was working.. then symptoms started back. I am actually feeling alot better now, moreso than earlier today!

Yes, I have been told by my doc(s) that I am on a very powerful dose of AD.

How long have you been on yours? Can I ask what you need it for?

:-)

• Posted

Hi, Just to let you know i increased my dose from 100 to 150 in July and didn't feel much different for the first month but looking back now i feel sooo much better and am more motivated to make changes in my life, hope this helps.

Boog :lol:

• Posted

Thank-you very much for that!! Appreciated!!

I think I am starting to worry less - although it comes and goes..

Its wierd - because I am worrying that I might start worrying over past experiences again (social phobias that I used to have).... sounds wierd!

Thanks for encouragment! xx

• Posted

[quote:c684d908ed=\"dose \"]Hello All,

Just found this site- very insightful!

I am currently taking 150mg of Sertraline and 150mg of Trazodone each day. 2 1/2 weeks ago I was upped from 100mg of Sertraline to 150 mg as I was getting my old symptoms of paranoia and anxiety back again. The last two weeks I was doing OK -slightly better (maybe a placebo affect?)- anyway.. I am feeling slightly stressed- actually worrying about worrying!! In anyones experience, will this subside? I have been on Sertraline for about 6 months and it was fine before. I have been on various other antidepressants before (Mirtazapine, citalopram, venlafaxine) and (temazepane, zopiclone) - which did not work at all...

Sorry for the random long email - but should I now cut back on my dose of 150 or keep going feeling I will get better again...

Any help would be REALLY appreicated!![/quote:c684d908ed]

hello iam on 40mg of paeoxitine and 200mg of trazadone i think the paroxitine has stop working how do you fell taking the Sertraline and trazadone thankyou

• Posted

i had exactly the same problem as you and the lack of sleep was totally debilitating making me anxious all the time due to psychophysiologic insomnia( look it up!) originally I was on mirtazapine which helped but I put on 5 stone whilst on them since 2009 (1 stone a year). then after my own research I came across sertraline and trazodone which respectively helped with the anxiety and the insomnia so I changed from mirtazapine and I now have lost 2 stone in 2 months and regularly sleep for between 7-9 hours a night and feel incredible and function like a normal person I presume (I had been so long without sleep I not sure what normal was anymore!)

trazodone dose 150mg (this can safely go upto 400 mg I have read) 

sertraline 100mg

i hope all this helps cos I was in that dark place you are in for many many years and only now after my own research and demanding to be heard have I come back into the world of the day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.