Dosage for Vitamin D Total (25-OH) =14.55

Posted , 4 users are following.

My Vitamin D Total (25-OH) =14.55

Is it safe to take the 50,000 iu vitamin D pills weekly for 8 weeks?

And then onward 1,000 iu daily?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Yes - that is within the guidelines issued by some UK Health Trusts

• Edited

Is that 14.55nmol/L or 14.55ng/ml?

Either way it's pretty low. the 50000iu should be safe, but the 1000iu may not be a sufficient dose to keep your levels up afterwards. You could increase that to between 2000iu - 4000iu daily safely. Even better, you can get tested every 3-6 months to see what your levels are and then adjust the dose to keep you at a constantly good level.

I would also recommend taking vitamin k2 and magnesium with your vitamin D. These cofactors help the body use the Vitamin D correctly and ensure that calcium doesn't get deposited in the blood vessels.

• Posted

The report reads...

Vitamin D Total (25-OH)=14.55 (Reference 30^75)

I should take vitamin k2 and magnesium separately or there are some supplements that comes combined with D3 +vitamin k2+magnesium ?

• Edited

There are some supplements that come with both d3 and k2 in, or you can take them all separately.

What symptoms have you been having out of interest?

• Posted

Hi John,

I do not have considerable symptoms other than back pain, the same was diagnosed by my Orthopedic Doctor 5 years ago, then my vitamin D Total (25-OH) was 20.15, I remember at that time he prescribed Vit D supplement that I took only for a few months and totally forgot the subject.

By the way, what is the daily dose of Magnesium recommended?

• Edited

Fair enough. I've never really had much pain with low D, but I know most do.

for magnesium, I take 200mg magnesium malate on a morning and 200mg of magnesium glycinate on an afternoon. I've seen others recommend 500mg elemental magnesium a day. I've also been advised that magnesium oxide (the cheap one you will see in lots of supplements) isn't good as hardly any gets absorbed.

also be careful when looking at doses on bottles. often they will say 1000mg on the bottle, but the elemental magnesium content may only be 100mg or so. usually the elemental magnesium will be in the ingredients section of the label

• Posted

I think you should take to same dosage every day, and not switch side of dosages. The body depends on routine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.