Dosage Increase

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks

So I've been on 20mg flu for 16 weeks. Took until week 8 before I started feeling better but at week 12 I started feeling low again 😠

So the doc's suggested going up to 40mg a day but as I'm wary of those grim side effects I thought about doing 30mg for the first couple of weeks. It would mean doing 40 one day and 20 the next to average 30 over the two days. Will that be ok - has anybody else done that? Then I'll go up to 40 per day.

Thanks for your views and good luck to everyone.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Kirk.. yes defo sounds like maybe you need to go up, I was on 20 mg and I had good and bad days so went up to 40, and like you I was scared as didn’t want the side effects again, but I New I needed to, so I tuk the leap and for ME (and I mean just me) I didn’t have any side effects like the first time around, some people say they do, but my doc said Prozac was in my body so won’t be as bad, and he was right..

Now I’m on 60mg and feel great, yeah some days I have a low day, but I know the next day I’ll will be good again.. for ME it was the best thing I done and have never looked back, but it as to be up to you how you feel about going higher, Iv just told you how it was for me... any way have a good Xmas if you can x

• Posted

Kirk i haven’t done it it yet so no good advice to offer here quite yet. it’s only been a complete month for me but 2 weeks ago my spychiatrist said that if we need to we will increase to 40 but that since I’m so sensative to any medication she’d do 30 mg. So I’m thinking i will do the same. 
    • Posted

Hi Tina .. how are you feeling today?? Yeah best to do what YOU think is best, as I do know your quite sencertive to meds, then hopefully 30mg May just stable you out I hope so.. hope your ready for Xmas and all will go good for you.. merry Christmas 🤗xx

• Posted

Dawn/Tina

Thanks both. Yep I'll give it a shot and see what occurs. As long as i don't get the insomnia again! 😨

All the best to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.