Dosage reduced today from 5mg to 2.5mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, after six months on 5mg twice a day have today been reduced to 2.5mg twice a day.  Is this likely to cause any problems or is it still enough to stop stroke and heart attacks etc. I know it won't stop clots but wondered if I would even notice. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Reduced because of the stomach pains you reported?
    • Posted

Hi Derek, I had a DVT 6 months ago and have been on them for 6 months at 5mg now being reduced to 2.5mg. I was curious whether I would even notice the difference, my stomach has been so much worse whilst I have been on them and hope it helps.  Whilst I have your attention I believe that you are a GORD sufferer, (I hope I am right).  I received a copy of my CT scan that was done 2 weeks ago because of my constant stomach pains.  The hospital gave it to me even though the GP ordered it, so have made an appointment to go through it, hospital not concerned but I am.  Does this mean anything to you.  Scan showed small para aortic nodules, not enlarged by CT criteria and a thickening of fundus and stomach, probably due to a collapsed stomach.  The consultant at hospital said good no cancer, but stupidly googling again and that is not what google says.  I believe as well as GORD/IBS/Diverticular I have gastritis and cannot get an answer as to whether what was on my scan is serious and would cause stomach pains.  It does recommend an endoscopy.  So a bit suprised that GP has not contacted me about it.  Any thoughts ?
    • Posted

No, I'll leave it for the experts.

Was your CT scan a virtual endoscopy?

• Posted

No I don't think so it was in an old fashioned donut like machine.  I expect if there was anything they would have picked it up, they picked up my diverticular so was just curious what it all meant.  Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.