Dosage upped to 20mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been moved up to 20 mg Citalopram from 10 mg on Wednesday my anxiety was pretty decent before that but I’ve had sweaty hands headaches and generally feeling More anxious is this normal after upping dosage?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  yes sadly it’s one of the side effects when increasing this medication. Normally 3-4 days you might feel sweaty, amongst other things but it should start to settle. But it might take 6 weeks for you to start feeling the use of these tablets. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Buggsy 

• Posted

Hmmm, I am not sure if that would be normal or not. My wife started taking a natural supplement (Protandim) that has worked great for her anxiety. I would check with your doctor first but I'd be willing to bet you could try it regardless of the medication you're already on and see if it helps and then maybe you wouldn't need the others. I could point you toward a video on it if you want they did a special on abc primetime about it.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies just trying to get through telling myself everything will be ok and yes nick could you send me it please 
  • Posted

I was prescribed 20mg Citalopram & they did not agree with me at all, hot flushes, feeling feint at one point collapsing. The adult mental health team picked up on this & with the aid of the GP I came down to 10mg for 4 weeks, then off them. With help I am now learning to cope without medication. It's hard work & takes in family & friends but well worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.