Dose doubled from 30mg to 60mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all,

Is it going to be okay if my gp doubled my dose of flu after 16 weeks? Ive been taking 30 mg for 12 and prior to that i was on 20 for 4 weeks.

what should i expect?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

going from 30mg to 60mg*^

• Posted

Hello

I was on 60 mg for 2,weeks. i stared agitating. Now on 40mg.

• Posted

That seems like quite a bit of a jump. Have you started yet?

• Posted

i am very similar except i only on 30mg from 10 then 20 . 30 mg for 10 weeks and total 14-15 weeks . i have had some ok spells but again am down . just no motivation or confidence which is key to functioning in my life . the doctors have no idea what this medication is like for most of us so i my recommendation is to give your dose a little longer or increase much slower .

any time i go to my doctor and say things arent great yet , they want to increase , but everyone on here says to give it months to settle . lets pray tomorrow will be a step towards recovery !

• Posted

I just want to add this.....When we are on "head meds" as I call them, we ABSOLUTELY need to have them prescribed by a Psychiatrist & not a GP.GP's do not have enough training in these kinds of meds & disorders such as depression & anxiety.

PLEASE people-try to get in with a Psychiatrist if you can.

Good Luck to all of us!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.