dose increase

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all!

So am on my 3rd week on 20mg of flu and as i expected ive been upped to 40mg. Its not my first time on that dose but it's been many years and this time everything seems to be working out differently and worse.

Im having the worst ride of the past 14 years and although i trust the process i find myself in need of reassurance...

Ive also been given zopiclone to sleep to help me in these first weeks. (Quite scared of liking those too much but i need them right now...) do was going to prescribe beta blockers too (for my anxiety) but changed her mind when she saw i had asthma.

anyways, can someone offer a word or two in terms of how it was to increase so early?, my SE were just starting to calm down a bit , what should i expect? Strugglin to see benefits still...

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi ana like u i have upped my dose to 40mg an its awful i feel like im going crazy. It will be 2 weeks on monday since the increase and im hoping the side effects will leave. Im constantly exhausted and my anxiety levels r through the roof. Im so glad i joined this site im only 36 and im terrified im not going to get better. I pray that things will improve. Just take it day by day i hope u feel better soon x
    • Posted

Hi dsrc

Am on the second day on 40 and waiting to notice side effects, not looking forward to it but i guess its all on the way to better things. After having the worst anxiety attack(this weds) since starting fluox i can say that im having a pretty decent two first days on 40.

I feel hyper, yesterday i felt like i was on a high for half the day, mood's better than it's been lately but do feel anxiety constantly (not bad, just there) guess my body is a bit shocked by the increase. Hope this high lasts me a bit, it's a nice change.

I turned 30 earlier this year (great way to start a new decade) my personal life has taken the biggest turn yet, and a lot finished for me when i turned 30, now im on a mission to be mentally healthy We are doing what we need to do to be better and we are going to get past this and then look back in awe at our lives. We'll probably even be better than we thought we could ever be so keep pushing because this is just gonna be temporary.

Ha! Sorry for the super long post! (Am too hyper today)lol

How soon after the increase did you start feeling side effects kick in again?

Hope you're doing good!

• Posted

Hi, Ana. I upped to 40mg. 4 weeks ago. My first 10 days I was really high, too, but then the ups and downs kicked in again, and I'm in a bad time right now. I'll just be glad when this all evens out. 
    • Posted

Hi, dsrc. I upped to 40mg 4 weeks ago. I know what you mean. After an initial high, I plummeted and have been up and down since. My anxiety levels were through the roof, too. But they are slowly decreasing with each down time. Hope you feel better really soon. Keep us posted. And when you need more reassurance just post again. We all need it often.
    • Posted

Looking forward to hear when it starts balancing out for you. Im aware that this high is probably gonna come to an end but will try to enjoy it while it lasts. Have already started keeping a mood calendar smile so i can always look back at these highs and keep the lows in perspective hopefully. We'll get there!
    • Posted

lol I like the name "mood calendar". I will definitely keep you posted on progress. It can help so many people when you can find comfort in knowing someone else has been through the same and you are not just some weird case. 
    • Posted

Thank u karen and ana it means so much. Im going to keep a calendar as well great idea. Im just glad i realise now that im not going crazy. Im going for a walk to just have time by myself. Hope u both have a great day and thank u x
    • Posted

Hey Karen and Ana I'm on almost 4weeks on 60mg and I felt so good last week. I really thought that was the turning point and I was so happy, only to feeling anxious today. It is so frustrating feeling anxious for no reason.

This forum really helps alot. Just reading the posts u know ur not alone on this journey.

My side effects have subsided but as I said the anxiety came back this morning.

I really wish the best for everyone and I pray for a miracle to rid us of this awful illness.

GOD BLESS.

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I had a very good week last week and this week I have regressed, so it is a progression with alot of setbacks. Thank you for the prayers and God bless you, too.
    • Posted

I will keep praying until I receive a breakthrough.
    • Posted

Hi Karen just wondering how you feel today

any better?

• Posted

Yes, better. I think today will be much better. Just finished my prayer time and am going out to pick may peas in the garden. How are you doing?
    • Posted

The anxiety is a little better today but still there. Tomorrow will be 4weeks and I hope it kicks in fully soon so I can just live comfortably and prayer and communing with God really helps.

I hope u continue to have a good day and continuous good days in Jesus Name.

Plz keep me posted on your progress.

• Posted

Hi keke and karen

Good to hear you're doing ok.

Today (4th day after increasing) i can feel some side effects kicking back in, tummys not good again, no appetite and a bit spaced out but good, mood wise im not bad! Anxiety is back too, constant but not too bad either, just sort of there.., if it stays like this i can soooo handle it! smile

How you have a lovely evening!

• Posted

Hey Ana I'm so glad that the feeling is not as bad as before. Hopefully things go up from here on out.

God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.