dose increase and side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have been on 10mg of cit for 6 weeks, and two weeks ago this was upped to 20mg. Thing is, i'm having pain in stomach, feel bloated and nauseas, is this normal reaction to upping the dose? Saw Doc yesterday and he gave me a med to help settle my stomach. After being on this for 8 weeks now should this side effect not settled?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's unfortunate I have been up to 40mg and only felt some sicness at the start which past quickly - coming off is a nightmare!
  • Posted

I don't know but I didn't put 2 and 2 together... when I started taking Citalphram, I noticed increasing stomach issues. eventually I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with IBS. Now that I am not taking it, I don't feel too bad. Hmmm. So I don't know for sure but I am thinking a lot of my stomach issues (the bloating, diarahea, etc.) may have been from taking this drug. It is one of the side effects. As to whether it will go away, I am not sure. Sorry I can't help.

• Posted

Hi, . I suffered side effects for a while and suffer a few now that I can live with compared to what it is like without them. I have tried to withdraw from them but little has changed in how I am without them. If you feel 'alive' again and some benefit from taking them I would stick with it for a month. You should feel the benefit after two weeks and the side effects settling around 4 weeks. I continue to feel thirsty, very mild dull headache
    • Posted

did you get the side effects when you upped dose or just when you started out on first taking them?
  • Posted

Hi, I have been taking citalipram for 10 months now,

I notice constant stomach problems from then on.

Went to doctor and she said. They wouldn't be the cause of this.

I trusted her and believed what she had to say.

Then coming online 10 months later to find other people are having issues like this. I am not too sure.

Went to see her and have been proscribed something new.

Wish me luck

• Posted

Hey, I was on half tablet of citalipram and now in the process of changing to Sertline 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.