Dose Increase...can anyone help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone - how are you all?

I've had my citalopram dose increased from 20mg to 30mg on 21st December, followed by 30mg to 40mg 2 weeks ago to the day.

My doctor said that I shouldn't have side effects of the 30 to 40 increase as it's only really when you go up from 20mg that you feel it, but I'm not convinced? I've had so much fatigue and brain fog and slight nausea today, as well as a tension type headache around the eyes. I got these side effects when I increased from 20 to 30, too.

Has anyone else done this increase from 30 to 40 and felt side effects kick off again? I'm also now taking propranolol which does take the edge off anxiety, but this tiredness and can't be bothered feeling is driving me insane! Morning anxiety is also lingering and the vivid dreams - wow! I feel like I haven't had a proper restful sleep sometimes. Also had hot flashes, sweating more - all the usual side effects but the doctor has thrown me with her comment.

Can anyone help?

Amy

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, i moved up from 20mg to 30mg after four weeks on 20mg my morning anxiety hasn't gone yet it's horrible i am now thinking is it me not the medication? nine weeks on citaolpram now i take mine at nine in the evening. the doctor offered me propranolo for the morning fear but ive yet to take it to scared incase of side effects. the doctor is ringing on friday and i think she will want to move me up to 40mg. like you i'm worried about any side effects but if the morning fear is side effects i haven't got better yet. feel like coming of the medication. hope your be ok. i'm sure you will be. oh yes ive also have really hot flashes and sweating but i thought it was my menopause. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.