Dose increasing from 50mg to 75mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone have any success stories about going up to the 75mg? What are the side effects like this time round? Thank you and love to all.xx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I never went to 75mg i did a week on 50mg then went to 100mg ive been on 100mg for 2 days and feel pretty good, ive had a bad belly and small headaches and 1 small bit of anxiety today other then that its all good x
    • Posted

Thank you kayleigh. I hope that's the same for me. I have to go back to work on Monday and worried about dealing with side effects again x

• Posted

hi jen what side effects did you have? im on 50 mg, started with 25 then 37.5 and now 2 wks 50mg, increased anxiety, aches and pains epecially shoulder and chest, headaches on and off, nausea which seems to have calmed down a bit
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

I had the shakes, dizziness, heightened anxiety and aches. I would feel like I had a flu and my head was heavy, with a feeling like I was swimming underwater. They all disappeared at about week 5, with the shakes the last one to go. I felt good after week 3 in terms of anxiety. But, I had a dip last week and now have to go up a bit more. It's good that you are increasing your doses in little incrimants. How are you feeling now?

Jen xx

• Posted

thanx jen, i suffer from chronic health anxiety, ive had 80 out of the 100 symptons 1 after the other for the last year or so, i have morning anxiety but feel better in the evenings, ever since ive been on setraline ive had tense muscles shouldeq and back pain which seems to have started again after i upped the dose, at the mo ive diagnosed myself with bone cancer, for the last year ive had a brain tumour and all the other cancers 1 after the other,
    • Posted

Health anxiety is a heavy burden to carry, your mind becomes your worst enemy. It's no way to live. Have you begun counselling to figure out why you have health anxiety? I have it as I watched 4 family members die from horrendous diseases, which has left me fearful of illness, but not death.

Jen xx

• Posted

Hello. I am day 8 of going from 50 to 75 and to be honest I haven't had many side effects. My anxiety was a bit high for the first few days of upping. I feel pretty calm today and having a me day. I thunk we have to be patient with sertaline as it seems to take its time to work.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring but feeling good today. I am taking it each hour as it comes.

Keep us posted. X

• Posted

Thank you Jay, that is encouraging to know. I took my first 75mg today and went swimming to take my mind off it. This weekend maybe a weird one, but I just have to stick it out. Thank you for your positive words.

Jen xx

• Posted

I've had GAD/panic attacks for 25 years and finally went for help. I started on 50mg and after about 3 months I started to feel great!! After about 6 months I started to feel stressed again. Dr increased me to 75 mg and now I'm having a new side effect- tingling of the lips and face which throws me into a full blow attack. I finally have the palpitations under control and now this!! Anybody have the same problem?

Thanks!!!

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I've been on my increase to 75mg for 6 weeks now. I terrible side effects at first. The dizziness was very strong, but has eased off now. I find I'm still suffering from mild side effect, but I'm in more control of the anxiety. Think it's just a case of waiting for these levels to resettle. I find the time of the month is bad, and I drank one small can of cider over the weekend, which sent me into a anxiety attack. Just a learning curve.

Jen xxx

• Posted

Hi Jen

I'm actually in the same boat with you 1yr ago I started on 25mg I felt good then 6months later I felt my anxiety coming back so I was increased 50mg and I was good for 6 months again then I felt it come back again so now I been on 75mg for 1 week now my side effects were tried increased anxiety headache some dizziness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.