Doseage

Posted , 2 users are following.

I took my first 15mg yesterday just before bed and am still groggy now!

Tomorrow there is somewhere just have to do and want to enjoy it too, I dont understand it but there seems to be a consensus that 30mg will not give as many side effects, should I try that tonight or what should I do.

Not liking the effects of this allready,although some sleep was welcomed last night. smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am on a very low dose of Mirtrazapine - only 7.5mg because I react to drugs. I feel a bit drowsy still after 2 weeks and in fact now feel drowsier than I did at the start so am wondering whether you tried the higher dose and if it did help with the grogginess? Like you I am grateful for the sleep but I would like to be awake during the day. I dont quite understand why a higher dose would mean less groggy!! Jill

• Posted

The'groginess' does improve after a few weeks and there is some evidence that the higher doses of mirtazapine have less of a sedative effect. This is something to do with the serotonin uptake transmitters in the brain. I shall be looking at this effect closely as I hope to increase mirtazapine and I would hate to have to rely on sleeping pills again. Mirtazapine does seem to knock people out for the first few weeks so you should think very carefully about driving until you know how the drug affects you.
  • Posted

Thanks Pooh Bear - it helps to manage the side effects if you have some idea about why and for how long! I increased the dose to 15mg last night and dont feel more groggy today which I sort of expected. We shall see what happens. I have noticed that I am very sensitive to medications so in fact I am surprised I dont have any of the other side effects other people are experiencing! Jill
  • Posted

I'm on 45mg and the sedative effects of this med were much greater at a lower dose. I don't feel groggy on a morning any more...hmm, but then i don't sleep so well either. Hope the groggy feeling wears off for you soon smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.