Doseage

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I started taking Levothyroxine about 5 years ago, gradually increasing from 25mg to 125mg over the years.

I felt great on 25mg and any issues i had with bloating disappeared. As the doseage has increased the problem came back

In view of this I have just been taking 25mg for a couple of months and my thyroid test has just come back normal.

Can anyone tell me how this could be the case? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi - Perhaps you were misdiagnosed?... If you are managing well on 25 I would get some Vit s (esp 1000 Vit C) and boost your immune system as much as you can and try giving up all together, I have read/heard of various Thyroid issues being reversed.. I am certainly going to try it as this medication has done nothing for me... Get your immune system as strong as you can.. Your body is capable of amazing things...
  • Posted

Ask for Vitamin D blood test, it's surprising the problems the lack of this causes. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi - not taking Vit D yet but its one of the tabs I have orders ready for when I drop to 25, didnt know you could get a Vit D test?... Have you come off levothyroxine - any tips?...
    • Posted

Yes you can get vit d test, i have one as was at the doctors (again) complaining of being tired (again)! So i now take a vit d tab perscribed by the doctor as well as 125 levothyroxine. Im still exhausted constantly though.
    • Posted

I honestly think levothyroxine is a waste of time, I have been on 3 different doses, none of them make me feel any different and the weight piled on, GP has not once suggested I try something else or tried any other blood test apart from the standard Thyroid (tsh levels) but suggested my thyroid was not the reason I was feeling like I was which made me feel worse... There is a shocking amount of ignorance by GPs... I work in a hospital, if you try one anti biotic and it doesnt work you try another - not so the Levothyroxine, (I am in the UK) in nearly 10 years it is the only medication I have been offfered...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.