Doses with Sinclair Method

Posted , 7 users are following.

On the weekends, I may typically drink at brunch and then not again until the evening. With the Sinclair Method, do I only take the pill once in the morning??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

You should, of course, discuss dosage with your doctor but from what many doctors have told us, they are confident that each naltrexone tablet provides full coverage for between 10 and 12 hours (which can vary on individual circumstances).

So, if you take a tablet at 8am for brunch, then doctors tell us that it will fully protect you until around 6-8pm.  If any drinking happens beyond that point, then they tell us that another tablet should be taken one hour before the first drink of the evening.

• Posted

Oops! Cannot help since I never took any medication when I stopped others will reply soon for certain. Robin
  • Posted

As far as I know with both Naltrexone and Nalmefene you must take the pill one hour prior to drinking if you are using Naltrexone, and two hours prior to drinking if you are using Nalmefene.  I also think that either pill covers you for a period of about 10 hours approx.  So if you were to drink after 9 or 10 hours of taking the pill, your medication would not be 100% effective and a redose (then wait the appropriate time) would be needed.  Do your own research into this, but this is my understanding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.