Double aortic arch

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guy's ive been to hell and back over the past month long story short for a while now ive been having chest pains taken to hospital on more than 4 occasions now it turns out i was born with a double aortic arch im 55 seems it should have been picked up at birth but wasn't it explains so many things now but why didnt it get found sooner ????? Im still not sure what lies ahead im still getting chest pains cant swallow properly sweating almost pass out i know one thing im not going back to hospital they made me feel like i was making it all up

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain Andrew. When I was younger I had about 20 T.I.A.'s which are mild strokes . Went to many doctors and none could tell me the problem. Finally had another attack while driving a semi truck down the freeway and ended up in a different hospital where they found a hole in my heart that I had since birth. So I underwent heart surgery and haven't had one since. I also have Achalasia type 3 which was misdiagnosed for 6 years. Had POEM done last June and now having another surgery because the acid is destroying my vocal cords at night. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we get passed around and sometimes they miss things but eventually a doctor comes along who knows what they are doing.

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to call 911 because of chest pains . I alwAys thought my food was getting stuck in my throats when eating.

I am very glad they found your problem before something they couldn't fix happened to you . I also that that having something different may be difficult to deal with and get diagnosed and fixed but at the same time it's kinda of a cool thing to be special. I don't know if everyone would agree and might even think I'm touched in the head. You hang in there Andrew , do whatever you need to to feel good , know you're not alone . There are many out there . Good luck . If in the NY area I could recommend a really good doctor. Take care and feel better.

• Posted

Thanks for that i know im not alone but some days ahhhhh today is a bad day im sitting here with chest pain that wont go away ive had since yesterday oh well i will just lie down and he it goes away. My story started 30 years ago after 5 failed back operations its been down hill since then but i keep fighting maybe just to say see i told you so😆

• Posted

Wow, we are so similar it's crazy. I've had 7 failed back surgeries and ended up getting a nerve disease called RSD from my 2nd one. My chest pains use to last for hours also and to tell you the truth they scared the crap out of me. Let me ask you, does your blood pressure spike when you're having these pains. Now, I'm sure it will be higher than normal but mine use to go up to like 210/125 somewhere in that range . Never had a problem with b/p then after my last surgery it's all over the place . I carry a machine everywhere I go so I know if I need to take meds for it. Does anything you can eat or drink give it any relief? I use to put a heating pad on my chest and wrap a back brace as tight as I could get it around my chest and sometimes it would help just a little.

I wish you luck in getting the right answers and feeling better.

• Posted

Boy that is funny i to have a nerve condition after they injected me with a dye its called arqnoiditis and yes ive got very high blood pressure they cant get down im hooked up to my blood pressure machine lately a lot because ive been passing out im at the point in my life a gun would fix everything as the doctors can't or won't eg went to the hospital the other day they wanted to see me so i went only to be told they cant help me really they could have said that on the phone plus she was so rude treated my like an idiot i lost it and said to her ive been living with this long before you where born anyway we keep going im not sure why im SO over it anyway good luck to you / andrew from Australia

• Posted

Wishing u healthy karma and best of luck getting back on a bearable track... You sound very brave...

Keep the faith and u never know where the solutions might be hidingsmile

N (UK)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.