Double bunion recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had my surgery in november and got the ok last wednesday to put weight on both feet and return to normal. i did a lot of housework yesterday as its been months since ive been able to do it in one go - i was pretty much on my feet all day and ive woken up this mirning to find both feet are bruised all along the scars - is this normal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am surprised you are surprised.

Yesterday was your first day back to normal and you spent all day cleaning. surgery of this type can take up to 12 months to fully heal.

Pace yourself, the world doesn't stop turning if you don't dust. Like Quinton Crisp says " After the first 12 months it doesn't look any different"

Health is more important.

• Posted

Hi Kim (?)

Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't say I was surprised I just wanted reassurance that this is normal during my recovery and I do fully understand, as the surgeon told me that swelling will continue for the next 2 - 3 months, but if you have been there I am sure you can appreciate that after nearly 2.5 months of inactivity I was keen to get off my (now fatter!) backside and get on with things! I do appreciate your reply though - you are right health is more important.

• Posted

All quite normal and as said it will be for sometime yet....

I know how you feel about cracking on with things after being land up for so long....your mind wants to but feet win out in the end.

Find a few minutes to elevate your feet during the day and they'll appreciate it...

This surgery recovery time can be a long haul.

• Posted

Hello. I had my k wires removed yesterday after 2 surgeries (first one failed at a general hospital so i went to a private one and the surgeon put 2 k wires in one foot and 1 in the other) My right foot had 2 pins at 9cm lenght and didnt hurt AT ALL but my left foot had a 20cm pin and hurt a lot because it wouldnt come out. (It's been 6 weeks since the second surgery).

Now it's the next morning and my feet still hurt after the removal. I feel pain in the bone is that normal???? I'm so scared that the bones are gonna somehow move... I'm gonna start walking normally in a week (so at 7 weeks post surgery) and have xrays again in a month. I really hope everything will heal perfectly because i've been beddriden for 3 months now..

• Posted

Yes it is I still get some bruising after my op in November I've been back at work 3 weeks now. Wearing slippers at work though as wearing shoes for too long hurts scars still.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.