Double underwear for incontinance

Posted , 7 users are following.

I usually wear a mini pad that aggravates my LS. I found wearing a good cotton ( breathable) panties next to my skin, then a second pair with the pad has all but healed me! No more itching

Hope this helps someone else !

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Thankful laur3333. That has given me some hope for the future. I have managed with meds and exercise to get over incontinence but am concerned if it returns as I was so sore with it. I'm now thinking of a way to make a cotton liner to fit over pads to try if I ever need it. I'm even thinking of washable incontinence pads. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Everything I think of seems to have issues.

• Posted

Thankyou laur3333
    • Posted

I like the cotton liner idea! I think I’ll try that! Thank you!
  • Posted

Great to hear that. Is bladder incontinence connected to Ls?
    • Posted

No, having children caused mine lol! It’s just stress incontinence, so I just wear a mini pad to prevent issues from a sneeze or cough etc. 

Now with the LS, the pads were super irritating. It feels so much more comfortable with the soft undies inbetween.  Also it’s not more laundry, when I’m ready to change, I put the close undies in the hamper and wear the outer one . I only do it during flare ups and it calms everything right down. 

• Posted

a lot of the time it’s post meno as the layers of skin atrophy x
    • Posted

Laur- So weird. I have been having stress incontinence for the last year ( 3 kids in 4 years), and think my thyrooid is screwed up since I’ve gained 40-40 pounds with no change in Diet . It was eating very healthy- Whole grains, lots of spinach, kale, berries, and nuts- now all out die to low oxylate diet.   Incontinence was not bad enough for  surgery or anything, just thought it was a nuisance. I hv been reading that repeated exposure to urine from incontinence can break down integrity of skin and make one more suseptible to LS? Since my diagnosis 12 days ago, I have been drinking gallons of water, peeing all the time, applying all these creams and hv not had any stress incontinence? Guess the timed bladder- dumping is helping wth that too. Thoughts? 
  • Posted

Hi,

i agree about the pad pad next to skin.  I’m the same with incontinence but got told to ditch the pads so I did.  I wore them for years and years, changed them a lot throughout the day but have been less sore since not wearing them.  I also stopped wearing pants in bed as well.  I noticed that when I’m out because I have no pad on I try to make sure I have no leaks, almost as if physiologically I know there is no safety net there and it seems to work.  X

• Posted

That’s great! Glad you were able to ditch them! I’ve switched to organic, no bleach etc, but the rubbing is still a big problem. 

I try to go commando at home, but I’m not too confident to have no pad when out. rolleyes

• Posted

Commando lol.  I do housework in just pants, no one is in and so no one knows lol just comfier 
  • Posted

Thx Laur! I ordered all natural organic cotton pantyliners and have gone back to my Hanes cotton panties- skirts abd dresses help too! Can’t stand to wear pants/ shorts right now! 
    • Posted

Hate pants now too! Glad it’s summer now so I can wear cute breezy dresses smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.