DOUBLE VISION AFTER MVD SURGERY FOR TN

Posted , 20 users are following.

Has anyone out there had double vision after their surgery?

It totally disorientated me.I had motion sickness and the lights hurt my eyes.

I left hospital on the 9th day after surgery which included 2 visits to the Opthamologist whilst still in there.They said all they could do was put a patch on one eye so I could just see one thing instead of two.They told me I had double vision and horizontal something or another,so basically I can see double but I can see things at a slant as well.It's horrible.

I am now 6 weeks post surgery and STILL have the double vision.I'm finding it very difficult to cope with.I've had to make so many adjustments and my confidence has disappeared.

First I was told it would only last a few days,then when it didn't go I was told up to 8 weeks but after the results of my second visit to Ophthalmologist I was told my 4th cranial had taken some hammer and if it didn't resolve itself then I could be looking at 12 to 18 months for corrective surgery!

I've looked on different forums and from what I can find,double vision doesn't seem something that many mvd patients seem to have had,or if they have,it's only lasted about 3 days.

If this has happened to you or anyone you know.I'd appreciate you letting me know the outcome.

Best Wishes to all you people out there with TN and other Neurological problems.

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Christine.,

You had a interesting post about double vision. I had a brain tumor surgery even though the Tumor was benign. I have permanent damage to my right top muscle and now after 28+ years I still have double vision. I also get seizers where my entire body shakes and my eyes start to role. I still have not regained balance. The effected area is still numb. I am left in a disabled state. I have been living in this state for years. Can someone suggest any thing that could help me with any compensation i could get. My insurence company was kieser permanente and Surgery was performed by Dr Kapute at Georgetown University Hospital.

Anyone out there please help.

Kind Regards

Niraj Dewan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.