Double vision after surgery almost 2 months .

Posted , 4 users are following.

I   need to ask some of you  do you having problem  when both  surgery cataract  done and fews week later and still bother when  you taking nap or  go to bed when woke up and your both eyes get double vision or like moving left or right  not even when woke up in morning and it take about like less 3 min  back to normal ??  Please let me know thank you . Brett

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If this is a temporary thing and vision is normal after a couple of minutes then likely could be due to dry eye.  Actually I

Have to blink a few times upon waking up in the morning.  Some mornings things are a little fuzzy.  I use Systane Ultra drops and they help a lot with dry eye.  There are a number of brands for artificial tears in the market.  Need to try a few to see which ones work best for you.

I do think too the incision for cataract surgery changes your cornea and could account for dry eye.  

If you are only a couple of weeks from surgery and still using steriod drops those too have an impact on vision.

If double vision etc is something that persists all day then you need to visit your doctor to find out why and if there is more going on than dry eye.

• Posted

I have had both eyes done for over 2 months.Like Sue-An  stated I have problems with my eyes in the morning when first awaken.I have to blink several times to get get rid of the cloudiness,I just had YAG treatment yesterday,hopefully that's will solve some of the cloudiness issues.I had double vision for awhile after surgery but seem to be OK over time.After the YAG treatment yesterday I encountered double vision again,I hope it's just a temporary issue and will clear up with time.   

• Posted

Let us know how YAG went in a few days.  Hoping it clears up the cloudiness for you.

• Posted

Hi Brett,  My cataract surgery was at the beginning of February.  When my second eye was done I noticed I could not focus properly.  It was especially bad outside.  After about three weeks of drops I suddenly realized I was seeing  double vision.  I have been to see both my optometrist and surgeon.  Both of them are not sure why this has happened.  It has become somewhat intermittent now, but still there.  They are hoping that it will gradually disappear.  Of course I am very disappointed.  Prism lenses in glasses will not be an option either because of the fact is is something that comes and goes.  I find it very hard to drive and read signs.  It also affects my reading as well.  The lines run into each other.   I hope you get better answers than I have.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.