Double Vision - Prism Glasses

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have had a number of visual disturbances over recent months, currently have double vision. I have had this episode of double vision for about two weeks. Neurology prescribed a five day course of Methyl Prednisone. I finished this a week ago. The double vision remains but I think the two images are starting to align more closely. I have been told it is highly likely that I have MS and they have seen brain lesions, just waiting for result of lumbar puncture and final diagnosis.

Added complication is that I have a new job. Handed my notice in a current work. Then, typically, the double vision started and I need to drive for my new role. The new company are saying they may not be able to wait for me. Feeling the pressure, which isn't helping.

My main question relates to prism glasses. I am trying to get myself up and running asap so I don't lose my new job. Last week the Eye Hospital said my vision was to out to be corrected with prism glasses. Does anyone have any experience of how close the double images need to be, to be corrected with prism lenses? If anyone has any advice on how to speed up helping normal vision to return, or how long this lasts, it will be gratefully received.

Hope this makes sense, brain is scrambled at the moment.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

this is the exact thing that happened to me. the only thing that cleared my vision up was a massive 3 day dose of Iv steroids. i even went to the eye doctor before the hospital. i would call your neurologist monday. hope this helps

jaime

• Posted

Thanks Jaime, do you remember how long it took to return to normal?

I had a strong dose of steroids, but a week later, still not back to normal. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations, I am not the most patient of people.

😃

• Posted

was it a 5 day course of oral steroids? mine were intravenously. i believe the dose was about 18,000 mg. my neurologist said they only treat Ms steroids thru a IV FOR MS. by day 3 of Iv steroids my vision and double vision was back to normal.

• Posted

I had a similar episode in Aug which they treated with IV steroids.

This time it was oral steroids, I think it which 500mg daily.

Just getting so frustrated and can't bear to lose my job

Really appreciate you replying, thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.