Doubts on removal of other ovary & uterus????

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I had surgery to remove a multioculated cyst on my right ovary 4 weeks ago

(Im feeling a little freedom because I can drive today)

My surgery went well except it had to be done by laparotomy instead of keyhole due to the cyst had grown from 8.3cm to 15.1cm.

After the visit to my gynecologist for my results I'm feeling a little unsure

Dr. told me that my left ovary & uterus looked good, results from washings were clear & tumour markers in the blood were clear.

But pathology test on the cyst shows that the cells were changing???

Dr's Words Not Malignant But Not Benign???

Procedure for this is normally removal of remaining ovary & uterus as a preventative surgery. (i'm 56 & have 4 beautiful children so not needed)

My Dr. did not use the words Cancer or hysterectomy just removal

Therefore a visit to an oncologist gynecologist next week.

I am feeling lots of concerns - Referral to Oncologist gynecologist, another surgery & removal of healthy organs. 

I went into my surgery with a Plan B & now i suppose i will just add +

I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience to this

Thanks for reading & letting me express this I'm feeling better already  

Vicki 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicki

I had a nultioculated cyst remove April 2016 I had my left ovary tube removed peritoneal washout and partial omenectomy done laparotomy. It's was graded as a one. I was discharged with no follow Hopefully you will be to xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Michelle 

i saw the oncologist gynaecologist she gas given me some options

1:- remove other ovary & Fallopian tube, uterus, cervix, appendix & some sort of scrapping or....

2:- keep having a blood test & ultrasound for the next 12 months to monitor

she did say the chances of it happening are 10-15% & if I was only 37 they would not suggest surgery

so at the moment I think Im leaning towards option 2 as the first operation is still fresh as it's only been 5 weeks.

Vicki 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.