Down

Posted , 11 users are following.

Rang for a doctors appointment this morning at 8.30 and was pleased when I finally managed to get through.  This changed when I was told all the appointments for today had already gone but I could have one in 2 weeks time! 

This has plunged me back into the 'I am not worth it' feeling.  Self care is so difficult for me but when I make an effort I am kicked back again.  Why can't doctors surgeries understand this?  Why does no one understand what this feels like to people like us with depression

I am back to brooding about dying alone in my flat unwanted and unloved again with the feeling that no one cares. 

The question is do I feel strong enough to keep pushing for an appointment or let it lie now.  It is a physical problem but maybe it will go away if I ignore it. I can't do this torture at the moment.

4 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi hypercat, 

Sorry to read your suffering so, could you afford a private appointment? Money talks I am afraid. 

Hope you get sorted,

Mike.

• Posted

Hi

You are definitely cared and not alone. 

Negative thinking only makes it worse. 

hold onto inner fortitude and strength with whole of your being. 

all shall be fine. 

• Posted

I know just whatnyou are feeling.  Same here. No appointments for ages.  Next step is to call crisis team at your local mental health clinic and explain whats going on.  That might help you get to see a cpn who will get a dr to see you if they cannot solve your problem.

• Posted

Hi it depends on how you really feel, my surgery have arranged telephone cal backs when I have been really distressed, or I have just gone in requesting to see the emergency doctor as I feel unsafe, I've been seen urgently, kept there until my crisis has subsided.

You look after yourself and don't be fobbed off by the receptionist I know they have a job to do but if you are desperate just turn up they can't tell you no they have a duty of care.

Hugs Tina. X

I'm now off for yet another fun road trip.

• Posted

I care hypercat and others do too so tomorrow you call the doctors again.

It is so tough when you feel so crappy and it's easier to let it fester but you called today and although the outcome wasn't as expected tomorrow is a new day and you're worth the effort.

Sending a giant hug and good thoughts your way xx 

• Posted

Thank you Crazycat that is exactly what I wanted and needed to hear.  I just don't know why self care is so difficult and why the system has to knock you back so much.  I will try again as soon as I feel a bit more together and stronger though can't say that will be tomorrow.  It will probably take me a few days before I can try again.  I wish it didn't get to me this much. 

On a brighter note am going out soon and will be passing another surgery round here so will go in and see if they are accepting new patients.  They have much better reviews online than mine do.  Thanks again.  x

• Posted

No worries, we are all in this together 😀 

I guess when our " cup is full " there is just no room left for the smallest of drops thusly making it difficult to exercise the self care we so desperately need plus it's harder when you feel or are alone. 

Keep moving forward is all and no matter how long it takes xx 

• Posted

I feel you hypercat, I’m appalled at the way doctors surgeries are ran now. 2weeks is disgusting!! I know it’s because there are too many patients now and people want longer than the basic 10 mins with their Gp and so are booking double sessions, government cuts, blah blah blah. But it is still not right especially with those unwell with their mental health. Can you ask for an emergency appointment? Are you in the UK? They usually ask what the emergency is and most will accommodate you if you tell them you are feeling’ unsafe’(My word I use when I’m desperate  for an earlier appointment)

please don’t ignore it hypercat, you are worth it, a million zillion times worth it. It’s your health and you know when you are struggling. And I care ...I’m sure others care about you too. Do you have others you can ring just to talk you through those really ‘unsafe’ moments. We have the Samaritans here in the UK. They really can be awesome to talk to when there is nobody else. Come on Hypercat....you have been there before!! You got this!! Xx

• Posted

Hi Julia, 

I live in an "economic village", we are having 5,000 new dwellings built at the moment. Possibly 13,000 new comers to our  village/town. My surgery are already feeling under seize and several doctors have mentioned moving on. Why don't they build the facilities at the same time as houses. Nightmare scenario, 

Mike.

• Posted

Sorry- should be "eco village. " and "seige". Predictive text again.

• Posted

If your surgery is anything like mine ~ when i was at my lowest point and so desperate for help i told them i was having suicidal thoughts (I was) but if you are desperate it can guarantee you an appointment that day ~ was but true. Thinking of you. Kind regards

• Posted

Hello hypercat. Am I allowed to say that you are one of my favorite people😊? And it hurts me to see you down and suffering! Two weeks seems like a very long time when you need to see a doctor but that is the way of the world I guess. However, "scream" for yourself. Not literally but we do have to be our own advocate and it is difficult when we're low...at least it is for me. When I'm down with my depression I feel like I'm walking in quicksand. I don't have to tell you that we are here..we are your cheerleaders😀!! Keep calling the surgery/doc tell them you count too. Diane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.